Audio Drawing Tutorials via CbB

Codefreq

Hey all,

Several months back I set up a YouTube channel that shows how I make my music via Cakewalk. In addition to examples of my own work, I have several quick and easy tutorials showing the fundamentals of my process which involves VSTi’s and Cakewalk’s MIDI editor, the Piano Roll View (PRV). I also have some videos explaining tips and tricks I use within Cakewalk, one of which is something I call “Off The Grid” composition (OTG).

For context, I’ve been using Cakewalk as my primary DAW for many years. However, rather than recording me playing live instruments, I use a variety of virtual instruments as my sound sources and I essentially draw every note manually with the PC keyboard and mouse (no physical MIDI controllers). This removes the limitation of playing skill and allows me to approximate the music in my head far more easily and effectively.

You can check out my tutorial videos on drawing music in Cakewalk here:

I tried my best to make the tutorials as minimal and succinct as I could so it both isn’t overwhelming and is easy to understand. I hope you find this useful. :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2