Theme: EVA 01 Redux (updated for 2021.12)

Starship Krupa

Over the last few weeks, I've done a major overhaul of EVA 01, including panel hide and show buttons, a more coherent, flat look, and addition of another color (which I had missed from the anime that inspired the theme). Warning: due to the extensive art changes, some of the buttons and controls diverge from what you'll see in the Cakewalk documentation. Anyone savvy enough to try out custom themes shouldn't have trouble with this.

This update includes a lighter, less eyeball-assaulting purple:

image.thumb.png.ebeaa5b71dc4c58ddd7fbc5c363c9fc1.png

One big thing from a usability standpoint is that I've changed the Selected Clip backgrounds to go darker for greater waveform visibility. When you click on a clip in this one, it gets sharp and contrast-y. This is a big difference from Tungsten, which has unselected clips with darker backgrounds and "greys" them when selected. This has been a source of confusion for me since I started using Cakewalk.

Use of the custom color .CLR file in the Dropbox folder is recommended. That's what makes for the more visible grid lines and header names in Track View, so if you like to work to a grid, be sure to try it.

Comments, critiques most welcome. If you like it, let me know, if you don't, tell me why. 😄

Edited by Starship Krupa
Artwork updates and additions
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Alcheter said:

Why purple?

Because that's the dominant color of the giant mecha whose color scheme inspired the theme, and I like purple, sometimes.

It's not necessarily intended to be an everyday workhorse theme (unless that floats your boat). Rather it's something I switch to when I want exciting colors, same as my other "fun" theme, Yellow Submarine.

When I want a theme that fades more into the background, I use Racing Green.

What color(s) would you prefer?

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/6/2021 at 11:08 PM, Starship Krupa said:

Because that's the dominant color of the giant mecha whose color scheme inspired the theme, and I like purple, sometimes.

It's not necessarily intended to be an everyday workhorse theme (unless that floats your boat). Rather it's something I switch to when I want exciting colors, same as my other "fun" theme, Yellow Submarine.

When I want a theme that fades more into the background, I use Racing Green.

What color(s) would you prefer?

Hard to say, I think i prefer: Dark, White, Purple, Blue, Red.

The main colors are pretty easy to change, once you know which ones. There are basically two. Global/View Border and Global/Toolbar Background.

If you want to get fancier, then Global / Menus / MenuBar Gradient StartGlobal / Menus / MenuBar Gradient End, and if menu text needs to change to be legible with  the Gradient color, Global/Menus/Menu View Text.

Pick your color of choice, start with Tungsten if it's a dark color, Mercury if it's lighter, and you're on your way.

Here's a blue one that took me about a minute just now while I was typing this reply (it's actually not half bad now that I look at it):

image.thumb.png.22369e5c2574f4020cfd0979f60d9f96.png

Mercury Blue.sth

I could have sampled the blue of the button color and used that for better coherence, but that would take another minute or two.

Edited by Starship Krupa

Watching the theatrical Evangelion movies on Prime Video (did not care for them) andthat quickly whipped-up theme I did for @Alcheter inspired me to revisit Global/View Border. It now has a lighter purple, more closely matching EVA 01 from the movies. It's also easier on the eyes.

Also has the artwork updates (collapsed Control Bar fans should dig them) from Nickel Mint.

Enjoy!

On 8/27/2021 at 8:09 AM, Starship Krupa said:

Watching the theatrical Evangelion movies on Prime Video (did not care for them) andthat quickly whipped-up theme I did for @Alcheter inspired me to revisit Global/View Border. It now has a lighter purple, more closely matching EVA 01 from the movies. It's also easier on the eyes.

Also has the artwork updates (collapsed Control Bar fans should dig them) from Nickel Mint.

Enjoy!

Noice.

• Like 1