Orange Tree Samples 2021 Group Buy

kevin H

4 hours ago, antler said:

In your opinion, do you think it's worth getting the OTS acoustics (and/or the electrics for that matter) if you have the Ample Sound ones? e.g. do they sound slightly different, or have anything that stands out in terms of playability, etc?

I am fully vested in the AmpleSound workflow. I've used all of their acoustic instruments. But I needed a mandolin so I got the OrangeTree Acoustic Bundle.  I posted a rant about their mandolin here. After that, I didn't really bother with the rest of their acoustic instruments. So I can't really compare the two very well. That being said, I am quite happy with the sound and programmability of the AmpleSound acoustic instruments. I am a guitar player, not a keyboard player, and everything I can do on an acoustic instrument I can do on the AmpleSound instruments.

I do NOT use it live. I program the MIDI in my recordings. I do not have a tracking room quiet enough to record my acoustic instruments, so I reverted to MIDI - sometimes using Melodyne to convert my (noisy) recorded guitar to MIDI (keeping the dynamics and timing but losing articulations that I have to manually put back in). I can recommend AmpleSound without hesitation. OrangeTree may be very nice. I just can't say.

However, with this sale I can fill in some gaps that OrangeTree provides. I'm looking at the Slide bundle, Rick 12, Rick Bass, and the Sitardelic for that 60's-70's psycho vibe.

• Like 2

Current Participants: 1345

Time Remaining: 4 days, 5 hours

Discount Tiers:

1 - 49 buyers: 10% OFF

50 - 99 buyers: 15% OFF

100 - 249 buyers: 20% OFF

250 - 499 buyers: 30% OFF

500 - 749 buyers: 35% OFF

750 - 999 buyers: 40% OFF

1000 - 1249 buyers: 50% OFF

1250 - 1499 buyers: 55% OFF *

1500 or more buyers: 60% OFF

* Current discount level

OK, so a question for those that already have an Orange Tree collection. What is the one OTS item that you could not live without?

I'm a first timer, and have already added one item, that appeared to be most useful for me, to hold my spot in line.

I already have ujam Carbon and Sparkle guitars, the ujam Dandy bass, as well as the Ample Metal Ray 5 bass. I got all of these on sale.

So I think I could use a versatile all around electric guitar, and/or maybe a good acoustic. I like the Ample Bass, but the ujam guitars seem a bit limited. Plus the ujam full retail asking price is a bit steep. And I agree with Fleer on the Ample engine. The samples are great, but the UI takes a bit of effort to decipher.