Orange Tree Samples 2021 Group Buy

kevin H

46 minutes ago, Tezza said:

Yep, still ticking along in Ozland, you been quiet lately, been spending time in the Doom Room? Eb is definitely where it's at.

Yeh the KU10 basses are pretty good, but double and upright bass selections only in "cuba" and the Kontakt factory library, I don't think KU13 delivers another double or upright bass instrument. I set myself a goal today to get all my music stuff that I don't use up on Gumtree and if that is achieved, I can reward myself by getting the KU13 update....woo hoo!

Yeah I had to put music down for a minute and I stopped coming here for a while I keep myself from continuing to buy plugins in the meantime. But I came back the other day and the first thing I did was sign up to that group buy to buy OTS lap steel 🤷

Yeah there's no decent upright bass in Komplete 

• Great Idea 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

An upright bass vst, tuned to E flat and shoved through octavers and amp sims like I do everything else. I haven't tried the Kontakt Scarbee bass but I'm not surprised that it's decent cuz there's a lot of great stuff Komplete actually

Did you look at the full Kontakt Factory Library? There are two upright basses in the Band collection. Also one in the free Kontakt Factory Selection. Nothing fancy.

But both have a tuning control that allows adjusting the instrument tuning down/up in half steps.

Evolution Rick is actually played fingerstyle only, and not picked. It uses the precursor to the Evolution engine, so there are some familiar elements such as the built-in effects, articulation mapping system, and various settings to adjust the sound and playability of the instrument to your liking. However, it doesn't license the free Kontakt Player, so you would need to own the full version of Kontakt to use it. It also isn't NKS Ready, and uses its own built-in preset system instead of Kontakt's snapshot presets.

At some point we'll update the library to add all that, but if you specifically need a picked bass sound or something that runs in the free Kontakt Player, check out our Evolution Flatwound Bass and Evolution Roundwound Bass libraries. Both include fingerstyle and picked articulations as well as slapping, so they're pretty extensive. Here's a comparison of the two libraries:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Christian Jones said:

And if we don't make it and I don't get what I want.. then avenge me!

Let's do not rip the garments before GB end 😂

If you're right however, who's gonna then avenge me...?? 😱😭💀💩

On 6/24/2021 at 10:39 PM, TracingArcs said:

I was thinking of getting the Upright Bass as my first ever OT instrument. It sounds ok, and I have a limited budget. But wonder if it may be a mistake (trying to read between the lines). I can't afford the Amplesound one.

A really nice base on a budget is the CoreBass Pear.

It's got some really lovely slap-on sounds and body hits that work great as an acoustic percussion instrument too.

I've used it for several recent releases. Here's an example.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6nqXHwKJjx0ymJ0oB04UBM?si=dat-a5IaTkK87qbVoYK2WA

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

A really nice base on a budget is the CoreBass Pear.

It's got some really lovely slap-on sounds and body hits that work great as an acoustic percussion instrument too.

I've used it for several recent releases. Here's an example.

https://open.spotify.com/album/6nqXHwKJjx0ymJ0oB04UBM?si=dat-a5IaTkK87qbVoYK2WA

I clicked and listened to your track "Keep a little light on," @Philip G Hunt, and really liked the song! Nice job.

Did you use any Orange Tree Sample libraries on that song? 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, PavlovsCat said:

I clicked and listened to your track "Keep a little light on," @Philip G Hunt, and really liked the song! Nice job.

Did you use any Orange Tree Sample libraries on that song? 

Thanks @PavlovsCat the track is mostly just me playing Dobro, Acoustic and piano. However, I don't own a bass guitar, so I used the Core Bass Pear from OTS in there. It's layered with some other stuff to add a bit of extra acoustic character.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. Appreciate it. 🙏

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Philip G Hunt said:

Thanks @PavlovsCat the track is mostly just me playing Dobro, Acoustic and piano. However, I don't own a bass guitar, so I used the Core Bass Pear from OTS in there. It's layered with some other stuff to add a bit of extra acoustic character.

Thanks for taking the time to listen. Appreciate it. 🙏

How do you like bass pear by itself?