Orange Tree Samples 2021 Group Buy

kevin H

12 hours ago, Scott H said:

A question for those who have many Orange Tree libraries: If you were an Orange Tree virgin and only going to buy one Orange Tree electric guitar library, which one would it be? I’m leaning toward the Hollowbody Blues. Is sounds great and appears to be quite versatile. 

3 hours ago, PhonoBrainer said:

Dracus.

The libraries are very versatile.
For example I picked up Evolution Texas Twang last group buy and thought I'd rarely, if ever, use it - but I've used it several times recently and it may end up being my togo OTS lib.  With the built in amp sim (sorry I'm not more descript but I'm out of town away from my DAW) it definitely works for R&R / progressive rock and sits great in a mix.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, chris.r said:

UNLESS... all you were really asking was what are the chances to get the full 60% 😂

Lol yep, cuz I wasn't gonna buy it unless it reached 60% off. I'm already 2k into a new baritone guitar build I'm doing and really don't need this deal. I simply saw this OTS deal on Facebook and recalled they had a lap steel, so I went to the site to see it and saw that it could be $31 and well, s#!t why not right? I figured maybe grab it at that price and I can do some crazy stuff with it, like shove it through octavers and choruses and use your imagination. 

And regarding the "must buy something" assumption; well, I put the lap steel in my cart and no pop up message or anything appeared to try to make me commit later. So as is, even without that 'no obligation' confirmation from Greg the owner, I don't see how they could have forced me to follow through with any kind of transaction anyway, I mean they don't have my credit card and they can't force PayPal, so that was never a concern. Well I suppose they could ban me from ever purchasing anything from them for not following through but that wouldn't be smart business lol

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Well I suppose they could ban me from ever purchasing anything from them for not following through but that wouldn't be smart business lol

of course, none of those, if you're not sure then best thing to do is to put item in the cart like you did, you can cancel after the countdown finished.

I did initially plan to buy only 2 libraries but I ended up buying an extra one because the deal reached 60% and was too good to pass, everyone wins

BTW we're just 3 participants from 40%

Edited by chris.r

2 hours ago, TheSteven said:

and apologies to the Mighty @Fleer for doubting your posting. 

Yeah, to doubt @Fleer is almost--not quite, but almost--like somewhere in the vicinity--like maybe not necessarily *in* the ballpark, but like tailgating right outside of the park--as bad as one of us thinking we got the lowdown on something that King Lar hasn't already posted like two days ago lol. That said, I've one-uped King Lar in that regard once or twice. Once I think 😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheSteven said:

and apologies to the Mighty @Fleer for doubting your posting.

also I didn't mean to put our resident fellow TheSteven in any type of bad light, your answer makes a perfect sense, I just remembered my own perplexity and wanted to share what I know to clear things out and for future reference

Edited by chris.r
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Matthew Sorrels said:

I think it's the smaller value, percentages don't add.

(Original Price *  (1-Orange Slice Discount)) * (1-Group Discount) = Final Price

My banjo (i.e. bundle upgrade price) with my 25% orange slices

$113 * (1 - .25) = (84.75 * (1 - .60) =  $33.90

That of course assumes we hit 60% off. Or $87.60 if I add The Famous E Electric Piano.

We're at 40% right now.

Yeah I had considered Bass Pair before but Bitflipper told me something about it that totally turned me off to it.. don't remember what he said exactly but I think it was also said by him or someone else that Ample Sound Upright is the one to go for if you don't already have something like Trillian. I wanted to be able to to tune the upright flat, to Eb, which Straight Ahead Bass would not let me do. Anyway. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Christian Jones said:

Yeah that one's cool.. do you have their Upright too? I think it's like $120 when not on sale and around $98 when it is. 

I don't have an upright yet. Will need to check that out!

22 minutes ago, Fleer said:

Actually, VI Labs Modern U is the upright to beat. According to the grapevine, ‘cause I haven’t got the little bugger yet. 

Piano or Bass? You decide! 😂

Edited by abacab
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Christian Jones said:

I wanted to be able to to tune the upright flat, to Eb, which Straight Ahead Bass would not let me do. Anyway. 

Yep, Eb is massive for me as well, my acoustic tuned to Eb is easier and awesome to play and sounds great as well. Can use slightly heavier strings, and finger squeak doesn't seem as bad for some reason, perhaps the lower tension of the strings means not so much pressure required.

I tried the Ample Basses and was initially blown away, on their own, they sound great but putting them into a mix was a bit more of a challenge. I couldn't understand why they sounded so much better than my KU10 Scarbee basses. Then I realized that unlike the Scarbee basses, they come with a lot of effects already added in the presets, EQ, compression, reverb and some chorusy effects etc. When you turn all that stuff off, they sound no better or worse than the Scarbee basses, just different.

I opted to just keep and use the Scarbee basses that I already had, I didn't need to buy more but the Amplesound experience taught me about the importance of effects on the bass, to really go wild with the EQ and compression etc. If you don't have any bass guitar VST's at all, then the Amplesound stuff might be a good buy but to put them in a mix, you may need to fiddle with the effects side of things or they can be a bit overpowering. Probably best to start with all that stuff off and then add as necessary.

I would love a good upright though, I don't have a really decent one of those.

Edited by Tezza
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tezza said:

Yep, Eb is massive for me as well, my acoustic tuned to Eb is easier and awesome to play and sounds great as well. Can use slightly heavier strings, and finger squeak doesn't seem as bad for some reason, perhaps the lower tension of the strings means not so much pressure required.

I tried the Ample Basses and was initially blown away, on their own, they sound great but putting them into a mix was a bit more of a challenge. I couldn't understand why they sounded so much better than my KU10 Scarbee basses. Then I realized that unlike the Scarbee basses, they come with a lot of effects already added in the presets, EQ, compression, reverb and some chorusy effects etc. When you turn all that stuff off, they sound no better or worse than the Scarbee basses, just different.

I opted to just keep and use the Scarbee basses that I already had, I didn't need to buy more but the Amplesound experience taught me about the importance of effects on the bass, to really go wild with the EQ and compression etc. If you don't have any bass guitar VST's at all, then the Amplesound stuff might be a good buy but to put them in a mix, you may need to fiddle with the effects side of things or they can be a bit overpowering. Probably best to start with all that stuff off and then add as necessary.

I would love a good upright though, I don't have a really decent one of those.

My man Tezza wudup man! You still down under? That's not a knife.. 

Yeah, I like Eb because it's dark; darker than even drop D and so on, because it has the crispness and attack that E standard has, but it also has this beautiful dark violet sound.. it's hard for me to explain but I associate that color with it. So I tune my regular guitars, electric and acoustic to Eb and I tune my baritone strat to Bb, though I believe technically that's A#, and I tune my 5-string bass to Bb so all of my guitars are in relative tune with each other. I wouldn't go near a regular bass guitar library though, but I do need an upright bass library as I just I don't play upright bass and I don't intend to own one anytime soon. An upright bass vst, tuned to E flat and shoved through octavers and amp sims like I do everything else. I haven't tried the Kontakt Scarbee bass but I'm not surprised that it's decent cuz there's a lot of great stuff Komplete actually

• Haha 1

Yep, still ticking along in Ozland, you been quiet lately, been spending time in the Doom Room? Eb is definitely where it's at.

Yeh the KU10 basses are pretty good, but double and upright bass selections only in "cuba" and the Kontakt factory library, I don't think KU13 delivers another double or upright bass instrument. I set myself a goal today to get all my music stuff that I don't use up on Gumtree and if that is achieved, I can reward myself by getting the KU13 update....woo hoo!

• Like 1