Electrum Guitar Amp

Bajan Blue

1 hour ago, mibby said:

Note: From the email with this deal -  this is a "public beta state" release, so the development is ongoing and they are looking for feedback...

Yeah, they are primarily looking for last minute bug things from users to test across various platforms, etc.  

1 minute ago, Kevin Perry said:

Is there any documentation on how to use the EQ matching?

EQ Matching  

The EQ Matching component automatically transfers sonic features of the guitar sound you like to your own sound. To use it, first get a short piece of the solo guitar sound you like. Other instruments must not be playing, no drums, no bass, no vocals, just the guitar. Loop it and click Analyse target sound button and let it play for about 7 seconds. Then press the button again to stop the analysis. Next, record your own guitar, playing the same or similar riff. Loop it and do the same analysis using the Analyse your sound button. When you stop the analysis, the plugin starts matching the sonic properties.

Enable - Enables the EQ Matching component. 

Depth - Controls how close your sound gets to the target guitar sound. Note that the sound will never be identical, unless you'd use the same guitar, amp settings and, well, hands.

Output - Use to compensate volume changes caused by the EQ Matching section. 

• Thanks 1

Orange amp is a bit wonky, but the others are great, especially the Yellow and Red ones. The amount of controls and optionson the amp and overdrive sections are bigger than most amp sims. Same goes to reverb, delay and modulation sections. The cab is not IR based, apparently, except for the "ambience" parameter (I think). It sounds great and I don't find myself missing my IR's. They jammed everything into one page and they still managed to include more options/controls than most amp sims. Sound is great. I'm getting some very satisfying crunch/mid-gain tones from this. 

Edited by Esteban Villanova
  • Thanks 1

This probably explains where the coins came from: text from the Referrals/Credits section after logging in:

How to earn United Credits?

We don’t want you to start with an empty piggy bank. Right after you complete your first order you will get 10 United Credits. Have you done it in past already? Your credits should be in your account.

5% Cash Back

Five per cent of your spending gets back to you in form of United Credits (rounded up). For example: buy a plugin for €99 and right after you pay, 5 United Credits credit will appear in your account.

Recommend

Any new customer who uses your code during checkout gets a 20% discount for themselves. 10% of their purchase goes to you in form of United Credits.

• Like 2

I singed up earlier to their newsletter to see if they would give me coin. No luck. Also left the item in cart to see of they would give me a discount. Still no luck. It shows the price is $22 CAD. Is it worth it for this price if I don't have a physical guitar and already have the free TH3 stuff in Cakewalk?

21 minutes ago, Hillmy said:

I singed up earlier to their newsletter to see if they would give me coin. No luck. Also left the item in cart to see of they would give me a discount. Still no luck. It shows the price is $22 CAD. Is it worth it for this price if I don't have a physical guitar and already have the free TH3 stuff in Cakewalk?

Have you tried removing and adding it again?  Mine eventually just showed up.  Maybe email support if it doesn't. I'm sure they'd rather get something than nothing.  🙂

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mibby said:

Have you tried removing and adding it again?  Mine eventually just showed up.  Maybe email support if it doesn't. I'm sure they'd rather get something than nothing.  🙂

Just tried. no change.

• Sad 1

On Monday I logged in and it said I had $12 worth of credits and I decided to download and check out the demo.  Yesterday I logged in and the credits were gone. Support told me that the credits system is in beta mode and it wasn't supposed to be on yet when I first checked but I would now receive credits with a purchase.  Should have pulled the trigger on Monday but oh well - if i decide to get it the intro price is cheap enough. 

6 hours ago, Hillmy said:

So.....is it worth the €15? Especially if you don't have a guitar and only virtual instruments. I'm kinda undecided and want to know before the discount expires.

I'd run the demo.  

It could be used as a single pane multieffects unit, but can't speak to the alternatives you have in your collection. 

• Like 1