Electrum Guitar Amp

Bajan Blue

The installers are full versions and fully working 15-days trial versions at the same time. If they are not activated they switch to demo mode after 15 days. Demo versions work normally but produce unpleasant noise in irregular intervals or lose some functionality or controllers (without demo noising).

https://unitedplugins.com/download/

Edited by filo

2 hours ago, Bajan Blue said:

No idea if this is any good, but on introductory sale at Euro15 instead of Euro149

And apparently i had some coins or something like that, so this ended up costing me 4 pounds!!!!

Nigel

https://unitedplugins.com/Electrum/

Thanks for the tip.  I had some of those coins and paid $6 USD.

I demoed it for 15 mintues and figured it was worth that.  (I also like supporting developers that don't limit your authorizations/comptuer use)

As a "total" guitar solution, I think it falls short based on current market expectations.  But it covers some of the classic basic tones in the 5 amps.  

I tried that auto input level system.  Either I did it wrong or you have to really back down the input levels to get a clean sound on anything but the blue amp.

Edited by Brian Walton
  • Thanks 2

Also in for $6.  Wonder how well the EQ matching works on this.

Sound like your heroes

EQ Matching is Electrum's secret weapon. Make your guitar sound similar to the tracks that are already out there and you admire. Just load your favourite guitar performances into your track and loop-play them to analyze. Then analyze your guitar sound and let Electrum do the automatic match with incredible accuracy.

1 hour ago, Greg said:

Also in for $6.  Wonder how well the EQ matching works on this.

Sound like your heroes

EQ Matching is Electrum's secret weapon. Make your guitar sound similar to the tracks that are already out there and you admire. Just load your favourite guitar performances into your track and loop-play them to analyze. Then analyze your guitar sound and let Electrum do the automatic match with incredible accuracy.

Curious about that too, hopefully sometime by this weekend I can test it out with some raw recordings I have of a friend playing through a priceless guitar amp he has.

55 minutes ago, Brian Walton said:

Curious about that too, hopefully sometime by this weekend I can test it out with some raw recordings I have of a friend playing through a priceless guitar amp he has.

If one has tracks from some Queen songs (not saying I do, 😉) one could possibly get Brian May's sound.

Just picked this up for $6. It looks like this plugin has some relation to MeldaProductions. My order information came from MeldaProductions, and the activation screen looked very Melda like. The settings for each of the plugins look like the Melda UI as well.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Doug Rintoul said:

Just picked this up for $6. It looks like this plugin has some relation to MeldaProductions. My order information came from MeldaProductions, and the activation screen looked very Melda like. The settings for each of the plugins look like the Melda UI as well.

United Plugins all use the Melda authorization method and it is believed many are build on some of the underlying archatecture.  It is unclear to the degree the "code" for the sound is based on Melda or MXXX like development.  

Melda is part of the UP "alliance" however, it is interesting they no longer sell any of the Melda plugins in the UP store.

43 minutes ago, Bapu said:

If one has tracks from some Queen songs (not saying I do, 😉) one could possibly get Brian May's sound.

usually many of the stems that are out there for a famous track have processing applied to them (eq, comp, etc).  Not a terrible thing, but usually created for the context of a song.  A bit more difficult to get that thinned out version to have the same tweakability of a real raw recording that is basically guitar -> Amp -> preamp -> Microphone.