Stephen Latham

No audio from DAW while streaming on Twitch and Discord

Question

I want to show my friends how I produce music by streaming/screen sharing through an app called discord, however the audio from my DAW is never audible to the viewers who watch my stream. I almost certain it is some setting in cakewalk, because when I play a YouTube video, they can hear the audio from the mentioned YouTube video, but are unable to hear anything from my DAW. I have also tried it with Twitch, but still no luck. How can I do a livestream with Cakewalk?

4 answers to this question

Preferences | Audio | Playback and Recording > deselect “Suspend Audio Engine When Cakewalk Is Not in Focus”

Also, I think for your discord viewers to hear your Cakewalk audio, you need to use a driver mode other than ASIO (I belive it’s WASAPI Shared).

8 hours ago, Stephen Latham said:

I want to show my friends how I produce music by streaming/screen sharing through an app called discord, however the audio from my DAW is never audible to the viewers who watch my stream. I almost certain it is some setting in cakewalk, because when I play a YouTube video, they can hear the audio from the mentioned YouTube video, but are unable to hear anything from my DAW. I have also tried it with Twitch, but still no luck. How can I do a livestream with Cakewalk?

For this to work if you don't have an Audio Interface. Download the demo version of FL Studio and use it's drivers (FL Studio Asio). It ×10 better than Asio4All and the drivers available in Cakewalk. 

It's a great hack. 

If your audio interface has a loop back feature this is easy. I use OBS for screen capture but it also streams. 

did a vid a while back on how to get daw audio to discord's livestream