trouble loading VSTs

The obvious answer is to set you scan path to the correct folders 

You don’t really say much about what your issue is. 
Are these VST you installed just now or are they  from Command Center from a pre existing install or are they from  Sonar 5 ? 

specifically I'd like to get Roland Groove Synth to work in CWbBL ... It works fine in Sonar 5 on the same PC ...

AND shows up as a DXi in CWbBL when I select "insert synth" - but won't load - say "not loaded properly". 

S1 - bass , piano, drums and strings won't load either ... don't even show up ....even thou they are sitting right there in the VST folder 

Thanks

I think I’ve seen other posts about this. First CbB is 100% 64 bit and therefore doesn’t support some older VST formats. Don’t quote me on that but it’s more than likely the issue with Groove Synth. 
And just the other day was a solution to when SI instruments don’t run. So Google these issues for answers. @scookwill know the  answers 

I have the 64bit version of GrooveSynth DXi that came with SONAR Platinum installed. 

It loads OK in CbB but I have not used the plug-in in a very long time.

The "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Shared DXi\P5antom\P5antom.dll" shows the product version is 1.1. 0.3  last modified 30 Dec 2011 8:54 PM on its ptoperties details tab.

I am running CbB 2021.06 build 32, Win10 Pro 20H2 build 19042.1052.

Maybe the one bundled with 64bit SONAR 5 needs to run as administrator, IDK,

I recall a previous conversation about Studio Instruments left with a recommendation to contact support. What did they say?

I have also been using cakewalk for 30 years & groove synth works here. Some of your problems are most likely due to the path's not being set up in the new Bandlab. I would suggest going back to your old Sonar & copying out all the the paths that you have set up & make sure they are the same in the new Bandlab. Add the ones that are missing.  The Groove Synth is a DirectX Instrument not a VST though so I am not sure if the VST paths help for this one in particular.

There is a topic available for DirectX on the web help. You might want to look at this.

In the meantime if you can't get Groove Synth to work you might want to check out Expand2! on "plug in boutique" it is only $10 and has some great sounds that have some similarities. Not the same but I'd guess they might fill that gap & add some new inspiration as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

The Groove Synth is a DirectX Instrument not a VST though so I am not sure if the VST paths help for this one in particular.

Cakewalk DX plug-ins are registered during install and have nothing to do with VST paths or the VST scanner.

11 hours ago, scook said:

Cakewalk DX plug-ins are registered during install and have nothing to do with VST paths or the VST scanner.

OK  wasn't sure anymore - still there were also a number of other synths that did not work & setting up the VST paths would likely fix some of that.