Application used to design Cakewalk’s/Sonar’s UI?

Daryl L. Samuel

This is pure speculation, but from my examination of the elements, and my experience in commercial software development, the art is often initially done by a consultant. Depending on the size of the company, they often don't have a need for a fulltime UI designer and pixel jockey. They'll call someone in to do it each time they need to update it or add features. Meldaproduction is doing this now, their next release is going to include skeuomorphic panels in some of the UI's.

As for the tools, I have no theories.

18 hours ago, Colin Nicholls said:

Why do you want to know?

Just out of curiosity, really.

Graphic design is one of my interests so I thought it would be nice to know what is used to design for a DAW and see the process.

Edited by Daryl L. Samuel

18 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

This is pure speculation, but from my examination of the elements, and my experience in commercial software development, the art is often initially done by a consultant. Depending on the size of the company, they often don't have a need for a fulltime UI designer and pixel jockey. They'll call someone in to do it each time they need to update it or add features. Meldaproduction is doing this now, their next release is going to include skeuomorphic panels in some of the UI's.

As for the tools, I have no theories.

Ohh... cool stuff!

Thanks 🍻

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daryl L. Samuel said:

Just out of curiosity, really.

Graphic design is one of my interests so I thought it would be nice to know what is used to design for a DAW and see the process.

Careful, hang around in the Themes forum too long and next thing you'll find yourself spending hours with Paint.NET updating hundreds of buttons that you yourself never use in Cakewalk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Careful, hang around in the Themes forum too long and next thing you'll find yourself spending hours with Paint.NET updating hundreds of buttons that you yourself never use in Cakewalk.

Yikes!!! 😆 the nerd in me wants to experience that…

I’ll take another crack at creating a decent theme with Paint.NET soon enough