Dimension Pro

Al Murray

Hello New Forum People,

Long time lurker and occasional asker of dim questions on the old forum here

I've just had to migrate to a new PC which has broken the chain between my old Sonar installation and Bandlab's Cakewalk. As I've saved all the old VST settings some stuff has made the migration, but some seems not to have. In particular Dimension Pro, which demands to be registered as a new installation, and then when I provide the correct code I get an error message from beyond the grave from Cakewalk of old saying I've got the registration wrong. 

I use D Pro quite a lot and it would be shame to wave it goodbye.   Any suggestions?

SOLVED AND HERE'S HOW on the old forum thanks to "Scook" http://forum.cakewalk.com/Profile/21960/

The default location for stand alone version is "C:\Program Files\Cakewalk\Vstplugins\Dimension Pro"
I do not recall a version since at least since X1 that did not have the 64bit stand alone in that folder.
I always used the stand alone before using the Command Center. Still running SONAR as administrator would probably work too.

Running either the standalone synth or the DAW as administrator will work when using DP's original activation process. This process needs to write into a protected part of the registry. This was not the case when the plug-in was developed but MS made security changes since that time. Anyway, glad you got it working.