Cakewalk Hangs when using PG-8X Soft Synth

spiffo

On 2 different machines, Laptop and Desktop PC whenever I try to use PG-8X Soft Synth VST (v2.0.13) Cakewalk ends up hanging and I have to close it with Task Manager. It doesn't happen immediately but usually after a couple of minutes.

I have a Crash Dump I took from Task Manager if anyone is interested?

It is possible there is a dialog window that is waiting for someone to click OK:  And it is hiding behind another window.

You could try cycling through the windows to see if that is the case.  I think the shortcut is Alt-Esc.

I have had an ongoing problem with SONAR (as was) and Bandlab Cakewalk hanging and 'staying resident' in the Task Manager requiring a reboot. This has happened on multiple machines.

Anyone any idea?

HARDDRIVE

Edited by Harddrive

PG-8X seems to work just fine here. I loaded it up yesterday and cycled through a bunch of presets. Left it open all night and came back to it this morning and it is still working.

Perhaps the dll is corrupted somehow?

Another possibility is: I have had trouble with a couple of different things downloaded from one or another of those " free VST" sites that worked just fine when downloaded from the developer's own site.

@spiffo - I managed to get it to hang eventually, after seeing some other issues.

First the parameter values on the PG-8X got stuck on "NONE" then it eventually hung when trying to change one of the parameters.

Certainly in my case (and by the looks of your dump file output) this is 100% inside the plugin.

I would recommend contacting the plugin developer.

Yep I would echo that, same with me, after a bit more testing it definitely only happens when you try to change a parameter, just loading some presets won't cause the hang. I'll try and contact Mr Luders.

Edited by spiffo