Plugin Boutique Music Day Bundle

cclarry

45 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Wasn't there a discussion not long ago here about whether Xpand!2 was a good deal at $14.95?

LOL.....yeah........even that price was a 50% on deal compared to the previous price.

I wonder why PIB (and others) can't see that they do themselves no favours with these kind of ridiculous claims. The more I see this kind of BS the less inclined I feel to buy anything from them. They're pretty much telling people.........   "hey everyone, we think that you're all stupid".

30 minutes ago, paulo said:

LOL.....yeah........even that price was a 50% on deal compared to the previous price.

I wonder why PIB (and others) can't see that they do themselves no favours with these kind of ridiculous claims. The more I see this kind of BS the less inclined I feel to buy anything from them. They're pretty much telling people.........   "hey everyone, we think that you're all stupid".

I think we all know the game with ridiculous list prices, and can figure it out.  It doesn't bother me. 

But  I'll tell you what does make me mad:

Waves will sell you something for $26 or put it in a bundle for $5 or  give it to you for free, but tell you its list price  is $199 or $299. 

But that becomes a REAL NUMBER if later on you want to resell or whup it.  Ouch!  😡

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I think we all know the game with ridiculous list prices, and can figure it out.  It doesn't bother me. 

But  I'll tell you what does make me mad:

Waves will sell you something for $26 or put it in a bundle for $5 or  give it to you for free, but tell you its list price  is $199 or $299. 

But that becomes a REAL NUMBER if later on you want to resell or whup it.  Ouch!  😡

I agree...the only saving grace that Waves DID have was that transfers were free...and they threw that 
out the window.  No more Waves for me...YMMV

• Like 1

If Waves just used a single shell (best) or a single shell per version (tolerable), I might reinstall the boatload of Waves plugins I've purchased over the years.

But...

a) I got really tired of all of the shells created

b) I got really tired of all of the Waves VST scanning issues with some of the music apps I use

c) I got super tired of WUP

F'em.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Wasn't there a discussion not long ago here about whether Xpand!2 was a good deal at $14.95?

@paulo

Did you include the $$$$$ you saved with the free Fat Channel XT?   💸💸💸

I got Xpand!2 for $1 about six years ago. Money well spent! So I won't comment on the current value.

I definitely got my $1 worth... 😁

• Like 2

Yeah, yeah, nobody here needs a 4th license for Xpand!2. If you don't have a license and want one, I can fix you up. Great tool. And IIRC a bunch of people tried Union when it came out and went "whatever."

However: Venom is a wild tool that belies its often low price. It's part of the IP that WA Production got from Re-Compose. Hard to describe, but it does things to audio. Beautiful and disturbing things.

Convex is from Glitchmachines. If that by itself doesn't tempt, it's one of their newer, more straightforward ones, with a resizable GUI. When I say straightforward, I mean that most of the time when you turn a knob you can figure out what it's doing, which sets it apart from a lot of the Glitchmachines products (which I love, all of them).

I haven't tried Initial Slow-Mo, but I do like their Reverse, which does what it says. I think Slow-Mo is similar to the very popular Cableguys Half-Time. Even if you know how to do slow downs and reverses in the DAW, these little goodies make it so much easier.

So even if you, like apparently everyone else, have enough Xpand!2 licenses (I think I have 3 of them at this point from all the bundles), there are other goodies in this bag.

Venom, really, is a cool sound design tool, the best thing in this bundle and of course worth the tenner all by itself.

Edited by Starship Krupa
remembered my extra AIR licenses have been registered to iLok
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2