APD Deal - Aurora Choirs

cclarry

18 minutes ago, Grem said:

Why, what happened?

While the products are "ok" to "iffy" their support is non-existent...and that's the problem
with them.  If YOU have a problem...it's basically YOUR problem, as you're not likely to get
any help from them

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

And ah, it's, well, it's probably pretty obvious what I'm about to say as it is Aria Sounds.

Funny how each of us have our developers that we just can't stand and we post our negative opinions each time there is a deal highlighting the developer. I am just as guilty as the rest. For me it is StageCraft. I will never buy anything from them no matter how good their new releases might be. For many others, it is PA or Waves. 

I actually like the Aurora Choirs, especially the sopranos. I did buy it for what it was, knowing that if there was issues, I would not get much support. This thread from 2017 seems to indicate that Aria was more responsive back then to issues:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/aurora-choirs-by-aria-sounds.63813/

Edited by Doug Rintoul

On 6/19/2021 at 10:32 PM, Doug Rintoul said:

Funny how each of us have our developers that we just can't stand and we post our negative opinions each time there is a deal highlighting the developer. I am just as guilty as the rest. For me it is StageCraft. I will never buy anything from them no matter how good their new releases might be. For many others, it is PA or Waves. 

I actually like the Aurora Choirs, especially the sopranos. I did buy it for what it was, knowing that if there was issues, I would not get much support. This thread from 2017 seems to indicate that Aria was more responsive back then to issues:

https://vi-control.net/community/threads/aurora-choirs-by-aria-sounds.63813/

I just feel that people should not be giving money to a developer so unresponsive on products that are not good nor complete.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

I just feel that people should not be giving money to a developer so unresponsive on products that are not good nor complete.

From my perspective it depends. I am willing to pay for a product if it does what I need it to do and meets my expectations. To be perfectly honest, I can count on my one hand, the number of times I have contacted support for any product and received a satisfactory solution. So I guess I am more than a little jaded. I have received more support from community efforts like this forum than from any official company support. 

Now I guess you could say that people like me contribute to companies like Aria Sounds providing poor/non-existent support. Oh well. Call me a reprobate. if you want to. 

19 hours ago, Doug Rintoul said:

From my perspective it depends. I am willing to pay for a product if it does what I need it to do and meets my expectations. To be perfectly honest, I can count on my one hand, the number of times I have contacted support for any product and received a satisfactory solution. So I guess I am more than a little jaded. I have received more support from community efforts like this forum than from any official company support. 

Now I guess you could say that people like me contribute to companies like Aria Sounds providing poor/non-existent support. Oh well. Call me a reprobate. if you want to. 

No one is calling you anything. :) We have differing opinions on the matter, I was just saying why I would not give any more money to Aria Sounds.

Personally I believe that we can affect how developers develop their products. If we buy what ever poor quality they push out, most developers will not automatically become better when they sell said poor quality product. A lot of developers do things with passion, but I feel that the largest mass of sample library developers just "do it for the money" and will not change before they are made to change (when they don't sell said poor quality product). And no matter what the quality of the product a company should listen to their users gripes and suggestions, these will most likely make their products better.

As for Aria Sounds, I kinda think they are pretty much dead since they have not released anything new in years.

And support, I on the other hand have a different feel. I can count with one hand the times I've received bad support. I might have been lucky, who knows, but most of the time the support I've received has been fantastic from most companies. Some have even done things I did not request in my original message to them, but would have been the next thing I would have asked (a big shout out here to Klevgrand, simply stunning support from them).

Edited by Tapsa Kuusniemi

7 hours ago, Tapsa Kuusniemi said:

No one is calling you anything. :) We have differing opinions on the matter, I was just saying why I would not give any more money to Aria Sounds.

Yes, I know that you weren't calling me anything. I said that kind of jokingly😉.  I actually agree with some of your points which is why I suggested people like me contribute to companies like Aria Sounds resting on their laurels.

Please keep posting the deals from "bad developers" and please keep commenting when something is not good (esp. describing the reason why they're not good - poor support, it's 32-bit only, updates pending for a decade, etc)

Having a market for liquidation/partially defective products is not bad per se (e.g., "as is" products on eBay or "minor defect" items at TJMaxx), what is bad is if there is no warning.

• Like 2