Sound Forge 13 Released!

9 minutes ago, Lynn said:

It looks nice, but I just upgraded to SF12 less than a year ago, and now they want $200 more from me to get what I probably should have gotten last year.  I think I'll jump off this bandwagon.

I got SF11 along with Samplitude X3 in a bundle. I do use it, but to be honest all the features I use were also in SF4  which I had decades ago.

Apart from maybe ARA2 (which I have in Studio One) I seriously doubt any new features in SF13 are worth the money upgrading for me.

Edited by msmcleod
  • Like 1

Like Lynn, I bought SF12 Suite a bit ago and had previous Sound Forge  versions since its Sonic Foundry origins then  through Sony and now Magix.

I didn't think SF12 was all that much better than previous versions, but it was nice to get 64-bit support.

If the upgrade were $50 or so, I'd buy it just to show support. I think I'll probably skip this one.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jim Hurley said:

Like Lynn, I bought SF12 Suite a bit ago and had previous Sound Forge  versions since its Sonic Foundry origins then  through Sony and now Magix.

I didn't think SF12 was all that much better than previous versions, but it was nice to get 64-bit support.

If the upgrade were $50 or so, I'd buy it just to show support. I think I'll probably skip this one.

Yes, I agree. I think that Sound Forge 12 should have been Sound Forge 13.

Edited by Simeon Amburgey

Alan, I own both SF 12 and Vegas 12.  They have been the most reliable and stable software of all I've ever owned.  I just wish they were a bit more considerate of customers that recently upgraded with their pricing.

Edited by Lynn
misspelling
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, pwalpwal said:

Or wait for it to show up on humble bundle for $20

That's actually how I purchased  Vegas 15.
My Vegas journey has seen me sort of leapfrog through versions, like every other one or every third one. The Humble Bumble deal was too good to pass up and so glad they offered that.

I upgraded to Vegas 14?  During Magic’s  blowout and that is wonky now.  All of a sudden I don’t have permission to access the old files.  Vegas 7 still works but not with modern vid files which I used.  To tell the truth I haven’t tried to fix Vegas just to make some changes in a past project, but that is the point.  If you buy professional tools it is disappointing to spend the day mucking about trying to get them to work.  I don’t do enough video to burn time-until I have to.

im sure I can get those programs sorted out, it is just disappointing to have to.

thanks Lynn.

• Like 1