Waves 24 Hr Channel Strip Sale

cclarry

As does Scheps Parallel Particles.

Scheps Omni Channel, when compared to Eddie Kramer stuff, I would call SOC has a more modern sound, generally. But it is much more than that. The EQ is very musical. What I mean by that is it's hard to get a bad sound out of it. I have pushed it to extremes and it still sounds good!!

The preamp/saturation works well, even when pushed. And that combo of lo/hi filters along with the saturation... it just works very well. This saturation module is worth the $29

For Schep's Omni, you also have one modular "flex" slot, you can add any other single Waves plugin to the strip, as well as bypass or reorder the modules in any manner. So you have a bit of versatility with SOC in just a single plugin instance. And I didn't notice a big CPU hit either. Supplied with many helpful factory preset examples of different channel setups that make for some good starting points.

SOC  seems to make anything you put it on quickly sound better. :)

Especially with some of the presets that Andrew Scheps contributed, such as "Hammond", "Clean up my Acoustic Gtr",  "More Pick on that guitar", "Sustain my El Gtr", "Bass DI", "Clear Bass", "Dirty Bass", "Synth Pad", etc. Some of the guitar presets work well on synth leads, too. Apparently he's already dialed in some close approximations to make certain instruments sound cleaner and better defined. You will  just need to tweak to taste.

Edited by abacab
  • Like 1