She doesn't like you, doesn't matter what you do

She doesn't want you, she doesn't want anything from you

And you've tried … Day after day

But each time you look at her,

…... She just looks away,

She doesn't need you, she doesn't even look your way

And 'though your talking … she won't hear the words you say

And you try so hard to make her see, the little things you do

And you try so hard to be the man, she saw in you ..

She's become an obsession, gnawing at you inside

She'd be delighted at how many times you cried … Because

It doesn't seem that long ago this woman you adore

Shared her love and gave her heart … but you always wanted more,

And you abused it! … threw it all away!

And now your sorry … all your effort tried in vain,

Because there's someone new within her life to end her misery

Someone who believes in her … someone just like me

She doesn't need you

(Double track vox on M8)

Can you hear the words inside your head every-time you close your eyes?

Do you feel the pain as she walked away, when she knew of all you lies?

Harboured deep inside the dark your thoughts are black as coal

The devil waits with baited breath to own your very soul

( single vox )

You'll never know the happiness she could have given you

Oh Oww a ...Mmm …

She doesn't want you she doesn't need you anymore

She doesn't love you, and you can't hurt her for sure

Because someone who believes in her is standing in your way

And I won't back down and I won't let go so believe me when I say!

She doesn't love you, doesn't need you anymore

Doesn't want you doesn't want it anymore

Doesn't love you … she doesn't love you she doesn't need you …...

Edited by SPAK

On 4/15/2019 at 4:46 PM, David Sprouse said:

How negative!  :D:D

Aspects of love, David ...there's a power when someone  else feels your pain and then protects you from those that take that love and abuse the trust within it .. The main character does just that, and in the song he tells her previous lover, she no longer needs him, she is loved by another no matter what he does ...chance gone .... this time her love is appreciated .... so not really negative at all!

Edited by SPAK

I love this tapestry of unrequited love.  The arrangement is simple, yet deceptive.  It draws you in because it leaves room for the listener.  I especially like the synth part that weaves its way through the song.  My only suggestion would be to try out a warmer reverb on the vocal, as the subject matter is pretty cold to begin with.  Other than that, this is a gem!

• Like 1

Steve
Love the weeping synth in the background. On first listen it seemed to be the usual boy loses girl story, but then there's "obsession" and "her misery" and "I wanted more" so maybe the song is more about the woman leaving a bad relationship. Anyway, I like the song. You have a way of setting a mood with your music.

• Like 1

Hi, Steve,

This is a very intriguing, somber and heart-wrenching song that's well written and performed, and the sparse arrangement adds to the over all emotional effect of the song.👍

Nice choice of synths, and the mix sounds right on the money for the genre.  For some reason, the vocal sort of reminds me of early Genesis, which is meant as a compliment.

Cool stuff, Steve, have a good one!😀
Bob

• Like 1

Well that was an unexpected pleasure! Unexpected in that "electronic" was tagged. But I can see how you'd have trouble giving this one a genre!

Singing is great! Yes, moody. No problem there at all. One crit might be to watch the volume dropping off at the end of a lyric phrase - occasionally it got hard to make out the lyrics, just at the end of a line.

It's a memorable tune, particularly that eerie synth, that's very well used indeed!

Cheers,

-Tom

• Like 1

Hi mate,

sounds like a deep injury !!!!

So  deep that you even felt the need to filter the vocal part with a kind of high and low pass!!!

I would be glad if you could type the  words ,though your intonation is clear ,Iam afraid to miss some details,because I am not english native....

cool sound ..

Hey! Now  waiting for a kind of

catchy upbeat joyfull song😎.

cheers.

Olivier

• Like 1

This song was quite a surprise for me.  I don't know what I was expecting but the more that I listened the more it drew me in.  It really captures the pain of one spurned in love relationship.  I hope this song wasn't precipitated by personal experience but if so, it happens to the best of us. The vocal presentation and instrumentation all set the stage for very powerful and intimate lyrics.  The mix sounded very good to my ears.  Excellent song!!

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 7:07 PM, Lynn said:

I love this tapestry of unrequited love.  The arrangement is simple, yet deceptive.  It draws you in because it leaves room for the listener.  I especially like the synth part that weaves its way through the song.  My only suggestion would be to try out a warmer reverb on the vocal, as the subject matter is pretty cold to begin with.  Other than that, this is a gem!

On 4/15/2019 at 10:48 PM, bjornpdx said:

Steve
Love the weeping synth in the background. On first listen it seemed to be the usual boy loses girl story, but then there's "obsession" and "her misery" and "I wanted more" so maybe the song is more about the woman leaving a bad relationship. Anyway, I like the song. You have a way of setting a mood with your music.

On 4/16/2019 at 2:07 AM, amiller said:

Yes!  Very moody.  If your music can strike a mood you’re doing your job.  Isn’t that why music is all about?  Touching some part of our humanity.😊

On 4/16/2019 at 3:08 AM, Ed D said:

Great singing and very cool song! Mix sounds great. Nice!

On 4/16/2019 at 8:49 AM, Bob Oister said:

Hi, Steve,

This is a very intriguing, somber and heart-wrenching song that's well written and performed, and the sparse arrangement adds to the over all emotional effect of the song.👍

Nice choice of synths, and the mix sounds right on the money for the genre.  For some reason, the vocal sort of reminds me of early Genesis, which is meant as a compliment.

Cool stuff, Steve, have a good one!😀
Bob

On 4/17/2019 at 1:08 PM, thegaltieribrothers said:

Hi SPAK,

I find this song an epic escape in lyrics and synthology.

Thanks for sharing.

Good Job!

regards

paul

On 4/17/2019 at 4:27 PM, emeraldsoul said:

Well that was an unexpected pleasure! Unexpected in that "electronic" was tagged. But I can see how you'd have trouble giving this one a genre!

Singing is great! Yes, moody. No problem there at all. One crit might be to watch the volume dropping off at the end of a lyric phrase - occasionally it got hard to make out the lyrics, just at the end of a line.

It's a memorable tune, particularly that eerie synth, that's very well used indeed!

Cheers,

-Tom

On 4/17/2019 at 9:38 PM, vilovilo said:

Hi mate,

sounds like a deep injury !!!!

So  deep that you even felt the need to filter the vocal part with a kind of high and low pass!!!

I would be glad if you could type the  words ,though your intonation is clear ,Iam afraid to miss some details,because I am not english native....

cool sound ..

Hey! Now  waiting for a kind of

catchy upbeat joyfull song😎.

cheers.

Olivier

On 4/19/2019 at 3:57 PM, freddy j said:

This song was quite a surprise for me.  I don't know what I was expecting but the more that I listened the more it drew me in.  It really captures the pain of one spurned in love relationship.  I hope this song wasn't precipitated by personal experience but if so, it happens to the best of us. The vocal presentation and instrumentation all set the stage for very powerful and intimate lyrics.  The mix sounded very good to my ears.  Excellent song!!

On 4/17/2019 at 5:00 PM, daryl1968 said:

this is really nice Steve - I also love the synth work on this - it really suits the mood. Vocals are also excellent

Are you sure she wouldn't reconsider?

On 4/17/2019 at 9:38 PM, vilovilo said:

😎

On 4/19/2019 at 3:57 PM, freddy j said:

Lynn: Bjorn : Amiller : Ed D : Bob : Paul : Tom : Daryl : Olivier : freddy j.

First of all sorry for the delay in thanking you for the listen, I've been away in London and not in the toy room.

I think your right about the reverb Lynn and given the song it's self I should have put a touch more bass on the reverb. I love the fact that you get the feel of this work and along with Bjorn and Amiller it's knockout that you understood the complicated story … so big thanks for your time!

Bob, I listen to your stuff and it surprises me that you like my stuff so I'm made up with your comments, and for what it's worth when I finished it I also felt it had a Genesis vibe with Ultravox  (not to sound big headed ) ….

Paul thanks for your time and comment

Tom your comments are always much appreciated … I think the vocal falls off due to a noise gate setting that was wrong. I used a Rode Nt1 with a Yamaha compressor 2020 and paid too much attention to overall feel of the work and not enough when doing the mix .. ! It was to be played live by a mate but was deemed too sad so it was never shown the light of an audience .. till now. Thankyou for listening.

Daryl …. Pretty sure she won't … lol

Olivier ... Thanks my friend for caring, and no, there's nothing personal in the work or injury to my heart just another story to invoke the listener to wonder what comes next … you have to hear it twice ( at least ) to get the meaning I think. Thankyou for the comment and I will be putting the lyrics up on Sound Cloud shortly so I hope you'll get a chance to read them … thankyou for the comments

freddy j … Many thanks for your time in listening, I would refer you to the above comment I made to Olivier regarding it being personal, I felt this should have been a blues number but I couldn't get the meter or feel right so it ended up not really being and specific genre, I'm supa happy you enjoyed it thankyou.

18 hours ago, Douglas Kirby said:

Nice job Spak - but it is quite a depressing song - well done. I enjoyed your vocal and the lyrics - cheers.

Thanks for the comment, of which seems to be the overall feel here  ... a large scotch and a gun me thinks  :/ LOL

On 4/15/2019 at 11:32 AM, SPAK said:

Because someone who believes in her is standing in your way

And I won't back down and I won't let go so believe me when I say!

She doesn't love you, doesn't need you anymore

subtle lyric... nicely done!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, mcmd said:

subtle lyric... nicely done!

Got it mate!!  Many thanks 'cause the whole song pivots on that lyric and if you don't get that, then it IS a sad song ... for the sake of sounding patronizing, which is not my intention ... Well done you, so glad for the comment.

All the best

Steve 

• Like 1