Bitwig Summer Special

cclarry

46 minutes ago, Jim Roseberry said:

How do you like it for more traditional DAW use?

Entirely capable, if you like the clips approach (also used by Ableton and now Logic Pro). But it’s so much more. Modulation and Grid heaven. I’d say it’s the most creative DAW I know. Though I also still enjoy Logic Pro, Reason and Waveform. Here’s a good discussion: https://gearspace.com/board/bitwig-studio/1260591-long-time-logic-power-users-switched-bitwig.html

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

$249 if you have 8 track.   They are like the Waves of DAWs with their WUP.

Not completely sure... if you're happy with the program (v3 then v4 with the first bug fix releases) then buy the update when v5 is released.
Isn't that about the same price as any other DAW? A lot of DAWs just go silent on updates after the first half year until the next update.

Unless it's Reaper of course...

23 minutes ago, Sander Verstraten said:

Not completely sure... if you're happy with the program (v3 then v4 with the first bug fix releases) then buy the update when v5 is released.
Isn't that about the same price as any other DAW? A lot of DAWs just go silent on updates after the first half year until the next update.

Unless it's Reaper of course...

Like I said it's like Waves.  I haven't had any DAWs be silent for the 1st half.  Even  Ableton is still updating 10. 

35 minutes ago, cclarry said:

FREE Upgrade to Bitwig 4 at Plugin Boutique...don't know if that applies to the others or not

https://www.pluginboutique.com/product/3-Studio-Tools/23-DAW/5520-Bitwig-Studio-3-FREE-Upgrade

Think it will be, unless they have to delay the release of BW4 and they will not release it until July 2022.

You get a year of updates when you buy Bitwig, seems it includes both point as full releases.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Paul Young said:

$249 if you have 8 track.   They are like the Waves of DAWs with their WUP.

I agree with you on this one. I wanted to get into Bitwig because of Grid, but the price is just too steep for a year of support. I can justify never paying for WUP because Waves rarely updates their plugins and I don't feel compelled to pay for WUP (being on Windows). But while Bitwig does do meaningful upgrades frequently (I think), they are just too expensive for me over the long term.