Morten Saether

[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.06 Early Access [Updated to build 41]

On 6/16/2021 at 8:54 PM, Morten Saether said:

ALT+mouse wheel now zooms in the Piano Roll view Drum Grid pane

It may not seem like much, but for me, this is pretty huge. I tried it out last night on a drum idea I had and was just ripping through my beat creation process. This, along with the persistent note names, really makes drum composition more friendly.

On 6/16/2021 at 8:54 PM, Morten Saether said:

Improved input/output port naming for hardware and software ports

Another hallelujah. The first time I tried recording drums with the new port naming, it took about half as long as it used to to set up the inputs, and once I did, I felt more confident that I was safely getting my performance down. For someone who is recording themselves, the stress reduction comes out in the music!

The "Create new arrangement based on existing arrangement" new feature is not working, at least in my system. (Build 2021.06 - built 041, 64 bit).

After selecting sections on the Arranger pane, the context menu when right clicking the arrangements pane is greyed out. 

image.thumb.png.379361f2aec5a9dbebcdae31d9433557.png

Posted (edited)

Nice update. moving Tracks together was very needed!

I think, i find another bug:

If i have many MIDI tracks for the same Instrument with many different clips with programed pattern in the stepsequencer, I open one, (close it) and open another in another MIDI Track for the same Instrument (I have to select the new MIDI track first and better also to close the stepsequencer tab before opening the second). After closing the second clip (stepsquencer tab), I try to open another stepsequencer clip in another MIDI Track for another Instrument were is no pattern programed but get open a random pattern from one of the other MIDI tracks of the first Instrument. I have to open the third clip a second time before it open right (without a pattern).

For example:

I have a mpc drum plugin and programed 12 different pattern. Every pattern has 8 notes. Every pattern is a clip in his own MIDI track so I can copy them to different moments in the song and arrange them. I have the same plugin in a second instance (maybe with another preset) with one MIDI track. Now I look in one or more of the 12  pattern for 1 note (maybe the kick) and want to program this note via stepsequencer in the MIDI track for the second instance. So the second instance plays its kick in the same moment like the first instance for the full song. I have to open the stepsequencer for the second instance a second time before I can place the note because at the first try to open, it shows me one of the pattern for the first instance with all 8 programed notes.

Hope you understand. Its very easy to see in the screenshots 4-6. first I open the clip with notes and its open fine, then I open the clip without notes and its also open fine, but then I open the clip with notes again and it don't show them. I only switched between this two clips and after the third step the bug happens.

Screenshot (1).png

Screenshot (2).png

Screenshot (3).png

Screenshot (4).png

Screenshot (5).png

Screenshot (6).png

Edited by Dusty

When saving from cwp to mid format 1, the last event of every track still disappears from the midi file. This problem has been ongoing since the 2021.04 early access. I have attached some screenshots of the cwp and the mid. and i have noticed that some of the cal scripts are not working anymore as they have used to, after opening the cal, the cal does nothing. 

cwp.png

mid.png

• Thanks 1

The new features look great! Thank you Bandlab!

Is it possible to change all tracks colors within a folder, as well as the folder itself at the same time by clicking on the folder and holding the CTRL key while selecting a color?

Thanks!

54 minutes ago, Justin Ursua said:

When saving from cwp to mid format 1, the last event of every track still disappears from the midi file. This problem has been ongoing since the 2021.04 early access. I have attached some screenshots of the cwp and the mid. and i have noticed that some of the cal scripts are not working anymore as they have used to, after opening the cal, the cal does nothing.

Confirmed.  The the last event of every track disappears from a type 1 (and type 0) midi file here as well (CbB 2021.6 Build 41)

Some CAL scripts (or more accurately, commands) required only 1 clip to be selected to work properly. Also some commands will now crash CbB (Yes, I am looking at you EditSlide and EditSlide40).  As CAL scripts are technically a depreciated (but still bloody useful) feature, don’t expect anything to be fixed in relation to CAL scripts any time soon.

Mind you, I still program CAL scripts - I just work around the CbB related issues to make sure they work properly in CbB (like editing time values of events directly rather that using EditSlide and EditSlide40 commands).  

One other thing to note is that your PPQ needs to be set to 960 for the timing functions CAL scripts to work properly.

• Like 1

This is Ammapandu from India. My doubt is how to set Project end point while exporting my mix ( like we do in Logic ) in Cakewalk.

For example I want to export up to 4 min in my mix where as my project length is 5 min 

Kindly let me know.

1 hour ago, Ammapandu Chintalapati said:

This is Ammapandu from India. My doubt is how to set Project end point while exporting my mix ( like we do in Logic ) in Cakewalk.

For example I want to export up to 4 min in my mix where as my project length is 5 min 

Kindly let me know.

Export is selection sensitive, so set your selection to be 4 mins long before opening the export dialog.

Could we have specific "Export start" and "Export end" markers? In the selection module you could then select "Export region". I always add "Start" and "End" markers to projects and select stuff between them. It's quite many clicks, though, so a faster way would be welcome.

4 hours ago, Ammapandu Chintalapati said:

Kindly let me know.

When section is highlighted, it is important not to forget to press SHIFT+L to actually set your loop points for the region/section you want to export in Cakewalk. The blue points are just indicators. 

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Export is selection sensitive, so set your selection to be 4 mins long before opening the export dialog.

In logic, these loop points gets set automatically by the daw when you highlight a region. Most DAWs have this feature - where just by highlighting a section/region the project loops are created. It would be nice if we could adapt it too.

In cakewalk when a region is highlighted only the blue indicator loop points are created. We still have to manually activate the "Project Loop Points" by pressing SHIFT+L. 

Reminder, please keep this thread focused on issues specific to early access. General questions or feature requests should not be posted here.

Unrelated posts will be deleted by moderators.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

The "Create new arrangement based on existing arrangement" new feature is not working, at least in my system. (Build 2021.06 - built 041, 64 bit).

After selecting sections on the Arranger pane, the context menu when right clicking the arrangements pane is greyed out. 

image.thumb.png.379361f2aec5a9dbebcdae31d9433557.png

This feature creates a new arrangement based on the selected arrangement sections within an existing Arrangement.

You don't have any arrangement sections, so that's why its greyed out.

In the above scenario, just add the arranger sections using the add-sections-to-arrangement button.

Loop points also don't follow global tempo changes anymore. 

If a sample was (let's say,) 150BPM and you drag it into an empty project and change the project tempo to match that of the sample you want to use as the main tempo of the project - Cakewalks loop points used to follow these changes up until the previous update of 2021.06 [build 032 - i believe it was.]  

Posted (edited)

Hi!
When I add NI Kontakt, if track format is "Instrument Track per Output", I can select number of channels to create, but if "First (All) Synth Audio Output" format is selected, there is no option to select number of channels. The question: can these settings be modified, so that it is possible to create a necessary number of AUDIO channels when adding Kontakt? Many Cakewalk users would be very happy with this option!

Thanks in advance!

1166390304_2.jpg.abe81257a3c28c91418d48e34b535699.jpg

1'.jpg

Edited by Igopp

1 hour ago, Igopp said:

Oi!
Quando adiciono NI Kontakt, se o formato de faixa for "Instrument Track por Saída", posso selecionar número de canais para criar, mas se o formato " First(All) Synth Audio Output" for selecionado, não há opção de selecionar número de canais. A pergunta: essas configurações podem ser modificadas, de modo que seja possível criar um número necessário de canais DE ÁUDIO ao adicionar Kontakt? Muitos usuários do Cakewalk ficariam muito felizes com essa opção!

Obrigado antecipadamente!

1166390304_2.jpg.abe81257a3c28c91418d48e34b535699.jpg

1'.jpg

image.png.897b1fe8ef42dee555bce9b5170c5bce.png

Você já tentou usar a inclusão de instrumentos por este método?

9 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Você já tentou usar a inclusão de instrumentos por este método?

I'm talking about AUDIO tracks, I'm not interested in "Instrument Track", this format has some restrictions, compared to Audio track.

• Confused 1

Hello,
Thanks for the updates!
I apologize if this is not the right forum for this question, I'm new to Bandlab and don't read English very well...
Will it be possible to use the East-West OPUS player in Cakewalk soon, please?
Kind regards

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This feature creates a new arrangement based on the selected arrangement sections within an existing Arrangement.

You don't have any arrangement sections, so that's why its greyed out.

In the above scenario, just add the arranger sections using the add-sections-to-arrangement button.

Got it. Thanks! Works nice -