[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.06 Early Access [Updated to build 41]

When saving from cwp to mid format 1, the last event of every track still disappears from the midi file. This problem has been ongoing since the 2021.04 early access. I have attached some screenshots of the cwp and the mid. and i have noticed that some of the cal scripts are not working anymore as they have used to, after opening the cal, the cal does nothing. 

cwp.png

mid.png

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Justin Ursua said:

When saving from cwp to mid format 1, the last event of every track still disappears from the midi file. This problem has been ongoing since the 2021.04 early access. I have attached some screenshots of the cwp and the mid. and i have noticed that some of the cal scripts are not working anymore as they have used to, after opening the cal, the cal does nothing.

Confirmed.  The the last event of every track disappears from a type 1 (and type 0) midi file here as well (CbB 2021.6 Build 41)

Some CAL scripts (or more accurately, commands) required only 1 clip to be selected to work properly. Also some commands will now crash CbB (Yes, I am looking at you EditSlide and EditSlide40).  As CAL scripts are technically a depreciated (but still bloody useful) feature, don’t expect anything to be fixed in relation to CAL scripts any time soon.

Mind you, I still program CAL scripts - I just work around the CbB related issues to make sure they work properly in CbB (like editing time values of events directly rather that using EditSlide and EditSlide40 commands).  

One other thing to note is that your PPQ needs to be set to 960 for the timing functions CAL scripts to work properly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ammapandu Chintalapati said:

This is Ammapandu from India. My doubt is how to set Project end point while exporting my mix ( like we do in Logic ) in Cakewalk.

For example I want to export up to 4 min in my mix where as my project length is 5 min 

Kindly let me know.

Export is selection sensitive, so set your selection to be 4 mins long before opening the export dialog.

Could we have specific "Export start" and "Export end" markers? In the selection module you could then select "Export region". I always add "Start" and "End" markers to projects and select stuff between them. It's quite many clicks, though, so a faster way would be welcome.

4 hours ago, Ammapandu Chintalapati said:

This is Ammapandu from India. My doubt is how to set Project end point while exporting my mix ( like we do in Logic ) in Cakewalk.

For example I want to export up to 4 min in my mix where as my project length is 5 min 

Kindly let me know.

When section is highlighted, it is important not to forget to press SHIFT+L to actually set your loop points for the region/section you want to export in Cakewalk. The blue points are just indicators. 

3 hours ago, msmcleod said:

Export is selection sensitive, so set your selection to be 4 mins long before opening the export dialog.

In logic, these loop points gets set automatically by the daw when you highlight a region. Most DAWs have this feature - where just by highlighting a section/region the project loops are created. It would be nice if we could adapt it too.

In cakewalk when a region is highlighted only the blue indicator loop points are created. We still have to manually activate the "Project Loop Points" by pressing SHIFT+L. 

9 hours ago, Andres Medina said:

The "Create new arrangement based on existing arrangement" new feature is not working, at least in my system. (Build 2021.06 - built 041, 64 bit).

After selecting sections on the Arranger pane, the context menu when right clicking the arrangements pane is greyed out. 

image.thumb.png.379361f2aec5a9dbebcdae31d9433557.png

This feature creates a new arrangement based on the selected arrangement sections within an existing Arrangement.

You don't have any arrangement sections, so that's why its greyed out.

In the above scenario, just add the arranger sections using the add-sections-to-arrangement button.

Loop points also don't follow global tempo changes anymore. 

If a sample was (let's say,) 150BPM and you drag it into an empty project and change the project tempo to match that of the sample you want to use as the main tempo of the project - Cakewalks loop points used to follow these changes up until the previous update of 2021.06 [build 032 - i believe it was.]  

Hi!
When I add NI Kontakt, if track format is "Instrument Track per Output", I can select number of channels to create, but if "First (All) Synth Audio Output" format is selected, there is no option to select number of channels. The question: can these settings be modified, so that it is possible to create a necessary number of AUDIO channels when adding Kontakt? Many Cakewalk users would be very happy with this option!

Thanks in advance!

1166390304_2.jpg.abe81257a3c28c91418d48e34b535699.jpg

1'.jpg

Edited by Igopp

9 minutes ago, Milton Sica said:

Você já tentou usar a inclusão de instrumentos por este método?

I'm talking about AUDIO tracks, I'm not interested in "Instrument Track", this format has some restrictions, compared to Audio track.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, msmcleod said:

This feature creates a new arrangement based on the selected arrangement sections within an existing Arrangement.

You don't have any arrangement sections, so that's why its greyed out.

In the above scenario, just add the arranger sections using the add-sections-to-arrangement button.

Got it. Thanks! Works nice -

1 hour ago, Marc Venturini said:

Hello,
Thanks for the updates!
I apologize if this is not the right forum for this question, I'm new to Bandlab and don't read English very well...
Will it be possible to use the East-West OPUS player in Cakewalk soon, please?
Kind regards

Is there a specific issue you're having with OPUS?

11 hours ago, Promidi said:

Confirmed.  The the last event of every track disappears from a type 1 (and type 0) midi file here as well (CbB 2021.6 Build 41)

Some CAL scripts (or more accurately, commands) required only 1 clip to be selected to work properly. Also some commands will now crash CbB (Yes, I am looking at you EditSlide and EditSlide40).  As CAL scripts are technically a depreciated (but still bloody useful) feature, don’t expect anything to be fixed in relation to CAL scripts any time soon.

Mind you, I still program CAL scripts - I just work around the CbB related issues to make sure they work properly in CbB (like editing time values of events directly rather that using EditSlide and EditSlide40 commands).  

One other thing to note is that your PPQ needs to be set to 960 for the timing functions CAL scripts to work properly.

Yes, I think all CAL scripts require only 1 clip, they will crash or cause unwanted events on your project if ran with 2 clips or more.  CAL scripts are still very useful for some people specially midi arrangers in particular because it makes arranging fast.

It's good that Bandlab didn't remove that functionality from Cakewalk, but I think having CALS not running properly can make the work process really slow.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Justin Ursua said:

cwp.png

mid.png

This has been fixed, and will be available when we ship the main release.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

The output naming change also affects the audio tracks of inserted soft synths:

image.png.459fcf9e6a9d6b2ae98bf16961db7470.png

I am not very fond of the new naming, where the audio output track starts with "1+2". For consistency and easier overview, I would rather like to have both track names to start with the instrument name. "1+2" could maybe follow after? 🤔

• Like 2
  • Great Idea 1