[CLOSED] Cakewalk 2021.06 Early Access [Updated to build 41]

53 minutes ago, noynekker said:

Hmmm . . . when I saw "improved VST3 support" I hoped the bug regarding inserting Fabfilter Pro-Q3 VST3 had been addressed. (a reminder . . . insert FabFilter Pro-Q3 VST3 into the FX bin, on a new blank project - - -> instant Cakewalk crash) It's been a year and a half, is this on the radar ? I launched a ticket with FabFilter back when it first appeared, but they have not addressed it on their end ? Yes, the workaround is use VST2.

Been working fine here for 2 years. 

Make sure it's in the correct path folder and that your 3.5dotNet is updated. 

10 minutes ago, Will_Kaydo said:

Been working fine here for 2 years. 

Make sure it's in the correct path folder and that your 3.5dotNet is updated. 

Interesting you have it working ! My VST3 efx seem to all be in c:\program files\common files\VST3 . . . my 3.5dotnet is up to date, latest Win 10 update patched.

3 hours ago, noynekker said:

Interesting you have it working ! My VST3 efx seem to all be in c:\program files\common files\VST3 . . . my 3.5dotnet is up to date, latest Win 10 update patched.

Then you have a serious problem on your system. No one on this forum ever complained about them. Maybe you should contact their support team. 

Fabfilter never give problems. 

Try to remove the VST 2 DLL file if you have it installed. If you would like to keep it . . . get the JBridge Software to convert it to 64bit. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, noynekker said:

Hmmm . . . when I saw "improved VST3 support" I hoped the bug regarding inserting Fabfilter Pro-Q3 VST3 had been addressed. (a reminder . . . insert FabFilter Pro-Q3 VST3 into the FX bin, on a new blank project - - -> instant Cakewalk crash) It's been a year and a half, is this on the radar ? I launched a ticket with FabFilter back when it first appeared, but they have not addressed it on their end ? Yes, the workaround is use VST2.

Works fine here. Must be a local issue on your end

VST3-PROQ3---Working.gif

There is no loss of information in fact there is a lot more information than before. 

With virtual instruments Cakewalk groups all outputs into pairs. However the mono stereo listing was arbitrary because there is no guarantee that a plugin output is stereo or not. The numbers now clearly indiscrete which output is being used unlike before. Most other DAWs do the same.

For your purposes you can assume 1 means left 2 means right and 1+2 is stereo. What are you missing?

On 6/17/2021 at 5:54 AM, Morten Saether said:

Misc.

• Track templates ignore phase settings
  • MIDI input ports not assigned correctly after saving as track template

Thanks for fixing this issue I reported

Many thanks for your work to make CbB better and better!

1 hour ago, Noel Borthwick said:

There is no loss of information in fact there is a lot more information than before. 

With virtual instruments Cakewalk groups all outputs into pairs. However the mono stereo listing was arbitrary because there is no guarantee that a plugin output is stereo or not. The numbers now clearly indiscrete which output is being used unlike before. Most other DAWs do the same.

For your purposes you can assume 1 means left 2 means right and 1+2 is stereo. What are you missing?

This comes back to what I have said earlier. It makes it a little confusing at first, but getting used to it. I think for a long time we were used to the Old Names. 

In fact it's good to slowly move to the language other daws uses in their routing. We just need to get that separate Mono and Stereo track insert strips on both Audio and Instruments now. 😅

• Like 1

On 6/19/2021 at 7:26 PM, noynekker said:

Improved VST support doesn't mean we can magically fix preexisting bugs in plugins :) We added some VST3 features to support some upcoming new VST3 plugins based on feedback from the vendor.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/16/2021 at 10:54 PM, Morten Saether said:

Reorder multiple tracks simultaneously

You can reorder multiple tracks simultaneously by dragging in the Track pane. To do so, select the tracks that you want to reorder, then hold down the SHIFT key while you drag any selected track.

Excellent !

On 6/16/2021 at 10:54 PM, Morten Saether said:

Replace synth on a single Instrument track

It seem that I am really at a loss on this update. I cannot get this replace synth to work. I create the instrument per track out .. Lets say I make 4 tracks all the tracks are sine player that can do 16 outs. I replace the 3rd track with this Replace synth on this track only I select SI strings to replace the 3rd track. The SI Strings instrument does not make any sound for the one that is replaced. I see the midi meter moving when I press a key or if I just hit play on midi that is already on the track it makes no sound at all. I check the midi settings and change that to SI Strings midi 1 still no sound from that track . I try to change the instrument back with this same Replace synth and still no sound out of the track this track no longer makes any sounds at all. I have tried with other synths like kontact.. sine player.. sampletank same issue  this track no longer plays anything I put on it. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

Hi, Xel Ohh

Please try to replace Synth on the Ch.1 (1/2 Output) track, you should be able to hear the sound of SI-String.

1889112077_1.png.d2da3698fba29ecc484070df2c5af873.png

Personally guess that after replacing Ch.3 (5/6 Output) of the original SINE Player with SI-String, it may be because SI-String does not have Multiple Output, resulting in MIDI signal but no sound signal output.

Earlier I used the Multiple Output function of TTS-1, and only when the 1/2 Output track was replaced with SI-String, there would be sound.

Pure communication and sharing, there may be Incorrect , please forgive me!

Edited by Johnny Tsao

2 hours ago, Xel Ohh said:

It seem that I am really at a loss on this update. I cannot get this replace synth to work. I create the instrument per track out .. Lets say I make 4 tracks all the tracks are sine player that can do 16 outs. I replace the 3rd track with this Replace synth on this track only I select SI strings to replace the 3rd track. The SI Strings instrument does not make any sound for the one that is replaced. I see the midi meter moving when I press a key or if I just hit play on midi that is already on the track it makes no sound at all. I check the midi settings and change that to SI Strings midi 1 still no sound from that track . I try to change the instrument back with this same Replace synth and still no sound out of the track this track no longer makes any sounds at all. I have tried with other synths like kontact.. sine player.. sampletank same issue  this track no longer plays anything I put on it. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

What does the output inside the replaced synth reads? 

Seems like the plugin don't recognized the outputs. 

Edited by Will_Kaydo

4 hours ago, Will_Kaydo said:

What does the output inside the replaced synth reads? 

Seems like the plugin don't recognized the outputs. 

SI strings does not have the option to choose an out due to it is a single instrument it doesn't have multiple outs ... And even when I choose a multi out vst same thing even when I set the out no difference. So no one else has run into this issue?

If it's suppose to replace the synth and only has a single out why did it not work?