71% off Virtual Drummer HEAVY by UJAM. Normally €99, now only €29

VSTBuzz

ujam_virtual_drummer_heavy_artwork.jpg?f

Deal: 71% off "Virtual Drummer HEAVY" by UJAM

Value: €99

Discount: 71% off

Price: €29

Grab the deal now on http://www.VSTBuzz.com

“Virtual Drummer HEAVY” is an authoritative, hard-hitting rock drummer… permanently set to beast mode! Always delivering what its name promises, HEAVY punishes the drums with relentless weight and energy behind each hit, driving your tracks forward and providing the perfect basis for all manner of rock, indie and grunge styles!

Grab the deal now on http://www.VSTBuzz.com!

On the one hand it's a tempting offer, but on the other I have one of the others and I usually end up replacing it with something else once the mix starts to progress, so I kind of use it, but don't really.

For the benefit of anyone who might have v1 and is tempted to try the demo for this be aware that v2 overwrites v1 so if you don't buy when the demo expires, your existing version no longer works and you will then have to uninstall it and then re-install v1. 

Edited by paulo
  • Like 1

Got the demo and it sounds like it could more versatile than I thought it would be. Downside is that I'm reminded of an issue that I had forgotten about with the other V2 version I have, namely that the drag and drop midi is bit flakey. Works until it doesn't. Anyone else seen this happen or is it just me?

5 hours ago, paulo said:

Got the demo and it sounds like it could more versatile than I thought it would be. Downside is that I'm reminded of an issue that I had forgotten about with the other V2 version I have, namely that the drag and drop midi is bit flakey. Works until it doesn't. Anyone else seen this happen or is it just me?

You.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, paulo said:

There are some GUI issues with Ujam in Cakewalk so it might be it. For example the GUI partially stops working after messing with tempo changes in control bar in Cakewalk. I've been in contact with support and they acknowledge the issues but not going to focus on a fix as long as they'll find Cakewalk userbase too small.

On other issues not Cakewalk related they've always been great though.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

For example the GUI partially stops working after messing with tempo changes in control bar in Cakewalk. I've been in contact with support and they acknowledge the issues but not going to focus on a fix as long as they'll find Cakewalk userbase too small.

That sounds about right. Oh well, they can keep it then if that's their attitude towards a problem with their product.😊

9 hours ago, chris.r said:

I've been in contact with support and they acknowledge the issues but not going to focus on a fix as long as they'll find Cakewalk userbase too small.

Good enough reason for me to avoid their products in the future.

This plugin is really intended to be your drummer. You tell it what to play, and it does. It doesn't sound bad, but it's not attempting to be a top tier drum sample library.

Now with VD-2, you can drag and drop the MIDI drum patterns from the plugin UI into a DAW MIDI track. At least that way you could trigger any drum virtual instrument (for example, MODO Drum) from that track.

8 hours ago, paulo said:

That sounds about right. Oh well, they can keep it then if that's their attitude towards a problem with their product.😊

That's why Image Line no longer sells their VSTs.  They don't want to use their time on plugins to work in 10 different DAWs,

I'd probably harass UJAM if that's their attitude.  There's plenty of places to make it known.   I'll bet they don't have a clue the size of the user base basing it on being a free DAW.  Maybe the Bandlab crew can work on a fix. 

On 6/17/2021 at 1:41 PM, abacab said:

... And €1 = USD $0.79 today. So €29 is actually $36.65.

Although math is not my strong subject (underwater basket weaving is my specialty), shouldn't that be $22.91?

Or is that with VAT and what not lol.

8 minutes ago, Paul Young said:

That's why Image Line no longer sells their VSTs.  They don't want to use their time on plugins to work in 10 different DAWs,

Their loss. I think I can still live ok without it.😀

• Great Idea 1

2 hours ago, abacab said:

This plugin is really intended to be your drummer. You tell it what to play, and it does. It doesn't sound bad, but it's not attempting to be a top tier drum sample library.

Now with VD-2, you can drag and drop the MIDI drum patterns from the plugin UI into a DAW MIDI track. At least that way you could trigger any drum virtual instrument (for example, MODO Drum) from that track.

Pretty much like AIR Music Tech's Strike 2.

I wish it featured a decent sample library, so I could just get it without needing another drum sampler with a good library.