Track Template Panel

Eric Brad

I was thinking about this today - As convenient as the Instruments panel in the browser window is to drag VST instruments over to create new tracks, I have several Track Templates that have split audio or Pro Channel settings baked in so I use Track Templates instead.  Wouldn't it be great if we could have the same kind of hierarchical panel for Track Templates as well?  That way my most commonly used templates would be available for drag-n-drop rather than having to right-click, insert track template, choose template type, choose template.  

Thoughts?

• Great Idea 1

• 3 months later...
On 6/16/2021 at 4:21 PM, Eric Brad said:

I was thinking about this today - As convenient as the Instruments panel in the browser window is to drag VST instruments over to create new tracks, I have several Track Templates that have split audio or Pro Channel settings baked in so I use Track Templates instead.  Wouldn't it be great if we could have the same kind of hierarchical panel for Track Templates as well?  That way my most commonly used templates would be available for drag-n-drop rather than having to right-click, insert track template, choose template type, choose template.  

Thoughts?

I was searching on Track Template posts for another reason and I came across your post. By now you probably have the answer, but if not: You can already do what you're asking for. The switch the Browser to media mode, browse to Cakewalk Content/Cakewalk Core/Track Templates, pick a template and drop it in the Track Pane.

14 minutes ago, Bill Phillips said:

browse to Cakewalk Content/Cakewalk Core/Track Templates, pick a template and drop it in the Track Pane.

To save browsing time make sure to save the location(s) in the media browser drop down

• Thanks 1