What are some of your favorite/fun plugins for creativity?

Mesh

10 minutes ago, Mesh said:

Lol, I thought the same thing and said "man, he's got talent" :D

I'm guessing it's just his favourite plugin.

I thought the same, unfortunately, but if you used it for parallel compression wouldn't that be creative? Just asking :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ØSkald said:

Well then how about Komplete Kontrol? Lol. I know I'm not that good. So I am just trying to think aloud. And I might  not use effects as you guys do. Maybe its the style of music? I hope so. That is not just that I am lame. Lol

I think you are right that it can depend on the music style/genre when it comes to using some of the more"creative" effects.

I have many projects that have more effects tracks/busses than there are audio tracks...

• Like 1

I recently got a couple of amp sims from Audio Assault (Bulldozer & Grind machine II) and have to say I really like these amps (heavy tones). Since John Maar mentioned Soundtoys, I put Echoboy (reverb patches) to the test and really good stuff.

Will check out and see what other things Echoboy has to offer (has a lot of different fx/presets....quite a good plugin). 

I like using midi synths. I have GR3 pickup on my guitar which allows me to layer synths in.

Rapture pro is fun. And with a touch screen you can use xy and move between sounds.

There is hold pedal on my GR-20 so I can let sounds ring as I mess with the settings... adjust the levels of the synths in console view using a touch screen.

Then play some more. God, it's deep. My favorite way to pass hours.

Z3ta2 too. 🙂 Reailly... it's an experience.

For just playing through the amp, I like Earthquaker Devices mixed with the GR20 and my guitar. That's the next best to Rapture, but it's not as good.

Edited by Gswitz

12 hours ago, Gswitz said:

I like using midi synths. I have GR3 pickup on my guitar which allows me to layer synths in.

Rapture pro is fun. And with a touch screen you can use xy and move between sounds.

There is hold pedal on my GR-20 so I can let sounds ring as I mess with the settings... adjust the levels of the synths in console view using a touch screen.

Then play some more. God, it's deep. My favorite way to pass hours.

Z3ta2 too. 🙂 Reailly... it's an experience.

For just playing through the amp, I like Earthquaker Devices mixed with the GR20 and my guitar. That's the next best to Rapture, but it's not as good.

I haven't played with Rapture or Z3ta2 in a long time....usually, I use Jam Origin's Midi Guitar to trigger those synths and love it. I do have an old GR09, but due to the responsiveness/setup, haven't used it in over 10 years now. Midi Guitar does it well.

Really like all these ideas/suggestions to get the old creativity flowing. 

• Like 1

Lots of great suggestions.

Blue Cat's Chainer and similar things like Melda's MXXX and SoundToy's racks are great ways to combine a lot of your stuff into creative setups.

If you have Reaktor, you could get MoleKular, which is a bit expensive, but it includes stuff made by Zynaptiq's Denis Goekdag from the older Kore Deep series.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mesh said:

Thanks abacab, will definitely check this out.

Just be aware that the Surge plugin UI zoom feature doesn't work correctly in Cakewalk. It works correctly in Reaper and many others.

UI zoom was  also noted as a problem in FL Studio and Tracktion. The Surge dev said something about some hosts not dealing with the plugin resize messages correctly. But they also mentioned that none of the current dev team is "Windows first" . They primarily develop on Mac and Linux.

Edited by abacab
  • Thanks 1