Jump to content
rasure

[No Deal] Spectrasonics Updates VST3

Recommended Posts

All Spectrasonics products have been updated. A few bug fixes and the addition of VST3

https://www.spectrasonics.net/news/news-content.php?id=125

 

  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In the past you could simply replace a VST2 file with the same-named VST3 version and Cubase would register the latter for a seamless update.

Doing this after the current update causes existing projects, containing the older VST2 file, to generate an error message saying that Omnisphere/Trilian are not found.

Oh well, back to VST2...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/17/2021 at 2:38 AM, Paul Young said:

That's odd since Vst 2 and Vst 3 are not in the same folders.

Contrary to the two Spectrasonics' VST3 plugins, the new NI VST3 plugins *did* switch successfuly in Cubase 11.  By that I mean, despite swapping my old NI FX plugins from VST2 to VST3, they're all still recognized in my old projects (which originally used VST2).  This did not happen with the Omnisphere and Trilian plugins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, locrian said:

Contrary to the two Spectrasonics' VST3 plugins, the new NI VST3 plugins *did* switch successfuly in Cubase 11.  By that I mean, despite swapping my old NI FX plugins from VST2 to VST3, they're all still recognized in my old projects (which originally used VST2).  This did not happen with the Omnisphere and Trilian plugins.

I don't have cubase, but does it have an option to automatically replace VST2 with VST3 in projects (like CbB). If so, you could try turning that off (opting out) if it lets you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I don't have cubase, but does it have an option to automatically replace VST2 with VST3 in projects (like CbB). If so, you could try turning that off (opting out) if it lets you 

I don't think so, but thanks for the suggestion.

Cubase automatically chooses the latest plugin if more than one exists.  If you don't want the one it chooses, you have to remove it (which is what I did for Omnisphere and Trilian).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2021 at 3:55 AM, locrian said:

Cubase automatically chooses the latest plugin if more than one exists.  If you don't want the one it chooses, you have to remove it (which is what I did for Omnisphere and Trilian).

Studio One also does this. But I have learned that it takes two to be compliant. (1) The software dev has to set the proper flag in the plugin, AND (2) the DAW has to support it as well.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Spectrasonics is pretty much on top off fixen bugs that they are aware of.
So as long as someone somewhere has filed a bug report it should get fixed sooner than later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Spectrasonics is pretty much on top off fixen bugs that they are aware of.
So as long as someone somewhere has filed a bug report it should get fixed sooner than later.

I just sent them an email describing the (Cubase VST3) problem.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...