[No Deal] Spectrasonics Updates VST3

rasure

In the past you could simply replace a VST2 file with the same-named VST3 version and Cubase would register the latter for a seamless update.

Doing this after the current update causes existing projects, containing the older VST2 file, to generate an error message saying that Omnisphere/Trilian are not found.

Oh well, back to VST2...

On 6/17/2021 at 2:38 AM, Paul Young said:

That's odd since Vst 2 and Vst 3 are not in the same folders.

Contrary to the two Spectrasonics' VST3 plugins, the new NI VST3 plugins *did* switch successfuly in Cubase 11.  By that I mean, despite swapping my old NI FX plugins from VST2 to VST3, they're all still recognized in my old projects (which originally used VST2).  This did not happen with the Omnisphere and Trilian plugins.

6 hours ago, locrian said:

Contrary to the two Spectrasonics' VST3 plugins, the new NI VST3 plugins *did* switch successfuly in Cubase 11.  By that I mean, despite swapping my old NI FX plugins from VST2 to VST3, they're all still recognized in my old projects (which originally used VST2).  This did not happen with the Omnisphere and Trilian plugins.

I don't have cubase, but does it have an option to automatically replace VST2 with VST3 in projects (like CbB). If so, you could try turning that off (opting out) if it lets you 

2 hours ago, Philip G Hunt said:

I don't have cubase, but does it have an option to automatically replace VST2 with VST3 in projects (like CbB). If so, you could try turning that off (opting out) if it lets you 

I don't think so, but thanks for the suggestion.

Cubase automatically chooses the latest plugin if more than one exists.  If you don't want the one it chooses, you have to remove it (which is what I did for Omnisphere and Trilian).

On 6/19/2021 at 3:55 AM, locrian said:

Cubase automatically chooses the latest plugin if more than one exists.  If you don't want the one it chooses, you have to remove it (which is what I did for Omnisphere and Trilian).

Studio One also does this. But I have learned that it takes two to be compliant. (1) The software dev has to set the proper flag in the plugin, AND (2) the DAW has to support it as well.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheSteven said:

Spectrasonics is pretty much on top off fixen bugs that they are aware of.
So as long as someone somewhere has filed a bug report it should get fixed sooner than later.

I just sent them an email describing the (Cubase VST3) problem.

• Like 1