Delete Hole For All Tracks Doesn't

Jimlau

I'm trying to remove a blank time span from all tracks, moving all data to the left, filling the hole. But even tho all tracks are selected, some slide left, some don't. In the before and after photos below, you can see Track 2 worked, Track 3 not.

When I try to use Slide, it does not slide the automation data, just the MIDI data. I need both moved.

Any idea why Delete Special doesn't work on tracks selected?

Thanks.

before.png

after.png

It's probably going wrong because there's no events on track 2 within the selection (i.e. the selection is in a blank space between two clips).  A lot of the older commands rely on event selection before considering other things like envelopes.

To be honest, you're better off turning on Ripple Edit All (or Ripple Edit Selection) and pressing the Del key. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, msmcleod said:

It's probably going wrong because there's no events on track 2 within the selection (i.e. the selection is in a blank space between two clips).  A lot of the older commands rely on event selection before considering other things like envelopes.

To be honest, you're better off turning on Ripple Edit All (or Ripple Edit Selection) and pressing the Del key. 

The 2 tracks are the same form. There's no event in Track 3 either. Nothing that makes the 2 tracks different.

Will check out Ripple.

Thanks.