Windows 11?

locrian

13 hours ago, Zo said:

by the way i heard windoWs 11 will be delivered by vaccine , no need to download anymore lol

Got mine already (I am in a closed test group). Side effect though is that I have this strange urge to donate the the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

• Haha 5

18 hours ago, kevin H said:

Bill just got divorced…he’ll be looking for extra revenue as I heard he didn’t have a prenup…

I would think his big pharma investments are probably doing ok though.😉

4 hours ago, jesse g said:

As long as it doesn't mess with Cakewalk and my plugins,  Windows 11 and I will get along just fine.

This is my point of view also.  I am fine with a new Windows 11 as long as I can run my DAW and my plugins with stability.

2 hours ago, Zo said:

Guyz , is the  welcome screen with all the apps pinned at start is there in windows 10 / 11 ? (when you click windows key) 

There is no (full screen) welcome screen anymore. Instead you get something that's a cross between the Windows 7 start menu, and the Windows 8 welcome screen; a resizable panel that you can pin live tiles/app shortcuts to.

4 hours ago, jesse g said:

As long as it doesn't mess with Cakewalk and my plugins,  Windows 11 and I will get along just fine.

Availability of compatible hardware drivers would be the thing would bother me more.

24 minutes ago, paulo said:

Availability of compatible hardware drivers would be the thing would bother me more.

I do agree with you.  I just realized that I have a Roland/Edirol PCR800 and remember the problems we had hacking the driver so it would work with Windows 10.  I just found that old thread and have bookmarked it in case we need to hack the driver again so that it will work with Windows 11.

1 hour ago, antler said:

There is no (full screen) welcome screen anymore. Instead you get something that's a cross between the Windows 7 start menu, and the Windows 8 welcome screen; a resizable panel that you can pin live tiles/app shortcuts to.

Dammn with all our "centers " and stuff my windows 8 tablet style strat screen is a keeper , kids computer is under windows 10 , hated it , but said to myself it's just a question of configuration ...but if you say it's gone , it's a shame !

42 minutes ago, Zo said:

Dammn with all our "centers " and stuff my windows 8 tablet style strat screen is a keeper , kids computer is under windows 10 , hated it , but said to myself it's just a question of configuration ...but if you say it's gone , it's a shame !

Sorry - my bad... I forgot because either I turned it off when I upgraded many years ago, or it's off by default.

There is a setting to get a full-screen start menu. Don't know if it's exactly like the Windows 8 one, but you can still full-screen the start, and live tiles still work on it.

2 minutes ago, Fleer said:

It’s … Windows Vistata

Windows Support Timeline.  Look at the last one.  So  must be on the Horizon.

Windows 10 version 1809 Redstone 5[6]2018-11-131809

Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Windows 10 Pro Education

Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC (formerly LTSB)

Windows 10 Education 17763

Support for non-enterprise and education editions ended on November 10, 2020

Support for enterprise and education editions ended on May 11, 2021

Support for enterprise LTSC ends on January 9, 2029

============================================

Windows 10 version 190319H1[7]2019-05-211903

Windows 10 Home

Windows 10 Pro

Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Windows 10 Pro Education

Windows 10 Enterprise

Windows 10 Education  18362

Support ended on December 8, 2020Windows 10 version 1909Vanadium[8][9]2019-11-12190918363

Support for non-enterprise and education editions ended on May 11, 2021

Support for enterprise and education editions ends on May 10, 2022

=====================================================

Windows 10 version 2004Vibranium[10][11]2020-05-27200419041Support ends on December 14, 2021

Windows 10 version 20H2Manganese[13]2020-10-2020H219042

Support for non-enterprise and education editions ended on May 10, 2022

Support for enterprise and education editions ends on May 9, 2023

=================================================

Windows 10 version 21H1Iron[c][15][16]2021-05-1821H119043

Support ends on December 13, 2022