Waves-29-ers at Everyplugin

Sergio

A bunch of Waves plugins for $29 ($23.90 with YNY23 code).

http://everyplugin.com/waves-29-ers.html

I'm a bit disappointed that the new CLA Mixhub is not included but... anyway...

What caught my attention was the WNS Noise Supressor; I never saw this pupy at this price level. I have the Noise Reduction suite so I don't know if it'll be redundant. But I think I'll grab it anyway.

Edited by Sergio

1 hour ago, Monomox said:

This is not "a bunch", this is all of them (just two or three exceptions), even VSTis and plugins I thought I'd ever see at this price (e.g. NX). This is pretty aggressive... They're trying to kill someone 

Interesting theory.  They certainly have gotten aggressive with pricing.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Patricio Campos said:

Any purchase recomendation? Abbey Road Chambers looks interesting as also NLS.

Scheps  Omni. The good ol' classic gear emulations (SSL, Fairchild, DBX, the channel strips, etc, including all the Abbey Road stuff), although the competition is stiff in that particular area. I also like all the Waves synths (old and new).  Of course it'll depend on what you already have (hence my previous comment about the WNS Noise Reduction plugin).

Always planning on getting some Waves SSL at some point - seems like now is a good time.

Consensus seems to be that E channel is more useful than G channel so picking up E.  

Considering also the SSL buss compressor.

Considering also picking up Hybrid Reverb.  Or is there a Waves reverb you folks like better?   Have Platinum so have the basic Waves verbs.

Edited by urock

10 hours ago, Sergio said:

A bunch of Waves plugins for $29 ($23.90 with YNY23 code).

http://everyplugin.com/waves-29-ers.html

I'm a bit disappointed that the new CLA Mixhub is not included but... anyway...

What caught my attention was the WNS Noise Supressor; I never saw this pupy at this price level. I have the Noise Reduction suite so I don't know if it'll be redundant. But I think I'll grab it anyway.

If you picked up NS1, you might also want to grab W43 for noise reduction! Excellent companion tools.

https://www.waves.com/plugins/w43-noise-reduction-plugin

w43-noise-reduction-plugin.jpg

2 hours ago, John Maar said:

If you picked up NS1, you might also want to grab W43 for noise reduction! Excellent companion tools.

I've seem those 2 on sale for $29 many times but never picked them up 'cause, as I said, I already have the Noise Reduction bundle (that one with X-Noise, X-Click, etc). I was talking about this one:

wns-noise-suppressor.png.eab1efc8f78a414e0579d4ce8e131cb2.png

It looks a more refined approach for that kind of tool and I never saw it that cheap before.

6 hours ago, Monomox said:

I DON'T need an API EQ!!

I DON'T need an API EQ!!

Or do I?

Humm... I already have those APIs. I guess I'll have to find ANOTHER plugin that I DON'T need to grab. Or maybe I should get another copy of those for backup. You never know when this old gear will break. Decisions... decisions....

17 hours ago, John Maar said:

I have been waiting for the L2 Ultramaximizer to show up at $29. Excellent!

Was using L3 until I saw this video...

[/

Beware he L2 is exelltn , but from memory you can t deactivate bits resolution , so from memory , your audio will get out of this thing at 24 bits ...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, muzdol said:

WNS... Worth it?

Depend on your needs. The description says its forte is dialog noise reduction. I'm supposing (because of the graphics and... well... the price) it's a refinement of the algorithms used in the W43 and NS1, both based on the Dolby's CAT43 system. At least it's more flexible because you can adjust the frequency bands where it operates. I'd say if you have any need to clear dialogs in noisy recordings, maybe it's the right tool for the job although I guess the results will depend on the source as always. For $25 I got it.

Edited by Sergio

1 hour ago, Zo said:

Beware he L2 is exelltn , but from memory you can t deactivate bits resolution , so from memory , your audio will get out of this thing at 24 bits ...

You can choose the output's bit resolution and apply dithering Zo. And after that even if your DAW's project is 24 bits you can "save as" the resulting audio at the chosen bit depth without any further degradation.

L2 was my first choice for years. Nowadays I prefer to use IK Multimedia's plugins  for that (the Stealth Limiter and even the old Brickwall Limiter) after watching the excellent "Mastering With T-Racks" series from Groove3.

Oh... and I really don't care if the limiter works internally as multi band or not. I just need to know that it does its job properly (stopping the peaks) and trust my ears for the rest.

Edited by Sergio
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Picked up L2.  I used a cracked version for years on live 2 trk recordings (when I was younger and broker) but since I moved on from using cracked software I never really found anything as easy to use or had that sound.  I'm looking forward to using L2 again with a different genre of music.