Finale v27 is now available.

fret_man

There's a few cool features, but mostly bug fixes it seems. I guess this doesn't officially qualify as a deal. I wish they'd add guitar fingering notations (little numbers in circles). I think I'll wait for a sale....

• Advanced music sharing functionality - Finale now enables you to quickly and easily share your notated documents with anybody. Without leaving the app, you can upload and share privately or publicly.
  • Standard Music Font Layout (SMuFL) support - SMuFL is a growing comprehensive standard that organizes musical characters into a common layout so music fonts are displayed correctly in every notation application that supports it. Spend less time searching for or creating musical symbols and more time making music.
  • Revised instrument list - Our revised instrument list ensures your notation looks great the first time—no matter which instruments you’ve chosen—and that you hear the correct sounds when playing a document. We’ve also added to the list of instruments you can use when starting a new document or editing an existing one.
  • MusicXML 4.0 - The latest version of MusicXML provides even more control when transporting your compositions. With more information than ever now being captured in a MusicXML file, you’ll be able to efficiently and confidently send files between practically any modern music software.
  • Quality-of-life updates - We’ve tackled a lot of known issues, such as unexpected installer behavior and unusable display scaling on Windows, crashes due to macOS quirks, and problems with printing.

image.png.d9f6b47d23e5e7132bb0ae426e9c6e30.png

Edited by fret_man
  • Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.finalemusic.com/

You left the link out.

That code will reduce it to $99 on the Finale upgrade.

I still have v25.  It was very bad at 64 bit.   They also promised and backed out on loading PDF import.  I really needed that function.

I've been on the fence for a long time with Finale.  You get use to the workflow and hard to change.  I rarely use a notation editor.

There's a lot more competition and Muse is free and also a paid for course on Udemy for Muse.

On 6/15/2021 at 12:07 PM, fret_man said:

• Quality-of-life updates - We’ve tackled a lot of known issues, such as unexpected installer behavior and unusable display scaling on Windows, crashes due to macOS quirks, and problems with printing.

I like how they define bug fixes as "Quality-of-life" updates. MacOS quirks! Of course, Windows doesn't have any quirks.

Edited by Doug Rintoul

On 7/10/2021 at 12:12 PM, Paul Young said:

https://www.finalemusic.com/

You left the link out.

That code will reduce it to $99 on the Finale upgrade.

I still have v25.  It was very bad at 64 bit.   They also promised and backed out on loading PDF import.  I really needed that function.

I've been on the fence for a long time with Finale.  You get use to the workflow and hard to change.  I rarely use a notation editor.

There's a lot more competition and Muse is free and also a paid for course on Udemy for Muse.

Muse is great! The library of downloadable songs for Muse is pretty good too.