a lost cause

thegaltieribrothers

Hey, Paul,

It's really great to hear a new one from you!😀

This is a very cool, modern sounding pop song with great vocals and harmonies, excellent instrumental performances, and a nice clean, fresh sounding mix!

Nice work, Paul, really good stuff!👍

Have a good one!
Bob

• Like 1

I really enjoyed this one - nice beat and catchy.  Your vocal was spot - on, I would recommend some BGVs while your your singing "for a cause to be lost...".  I was thinking of aahs during that.  I think it would add to the depth of the mix.  Nice job overall.

Thanks for posting.

• Like 1

Very nice!  This song has a heavy beat which matches the gravitas of the lyrics very well.  Speaking of lyrics, yours are quite thought provoking, but they get a little buried by the reverb.  Would you consider using a short slap back delay on a light setting?  I think it would give you the ambience you want while still allowing the words to be clear and easily understandable.  Just a thought.  Anyway, congratulations on writing a terrific song!

• Like 1

Hi Douglas,

Thanks for listening and for your idea about 'aah' backing vocals on the hook line, I will give it a try.

Hi Lynn,

Thanks for the idea about changing the reverb to a short slap to improve the vocal clarity, I will use that one as well.

Thank you both for listening and for your comments and ideas which are really appreciated.

regards

paul

Another interesting and cool sounding song from you.  I particularly like the use of the L & R panned keyboards in this song.  They aurally complement the introspective lyrics that you have written. The guitar accents also really worked well and vocals were well done and fit perfectly.

Terrific work.

you might build in a half a second of silence right at the beginning. Your song starts immediately upon clicking, which for me at least is jarring.

I like the tune, it feels somehow 80's to me. That melody really, really, really fits that chord progression!!! Pick any band: Pretenders, Psych Furs, Depeche Mode, Squeeze, REM, Elvis Costello - god so many 80's bands - I could hear them all doing this song and killing it with a huge hit. So that's a compliment to your songwriting.

And it's a reveal into when my own musical growth became stunted.

MEanwhile, have you thought of a killer solo section? I'm thinking sax but it could be anything really.

The arrangement is great, the feel is up, so nice job! I agree the next thing to work on this might be killer bgv's and strong harmonies.

Superb songwriting, hombre!

cheers,

-Tom

Hey, terrific demo -- mix is good and everything is well performed.  I think the vocals could be spread a bit in the chorus.  I enjoyed this as it has an 80s feel to it -- the only nit I have was having to look at Che.   ~Allan

Hi Freddy,

Glad you liked the song and especially the panned keyboards.

Thank you for your comments and for listening.

Hi Tom,

I too am a child of, and stuck in the the eighties so thank you for your astute comments + for listening.

Hi Allan,

Thanks for the idea of spreading the vocals I'll give it a go next time I look at this one.

Thank you all for your kind comments and for listening it is really appreciated.

regards

paul