Howdy Folks,  I'm getting a new Dell XPS w an 11th gen Intel core i7-11700K, 32GB of ram, Windows 10, and plenty of usb ports. It has a USB-C port on the front. I'm also looking to get the Focusrite Clarett 8 Pre X Thunderbolt Interface, but I cant seem to understand weather or not the Thunderbolt will work with the USB-C on the front of the PC.  Has anyone tried to put these 2 together yet?  Thanks for any advice!

If the machine doesn't specifically have a Thunderbolt controller (either on the motherboard are via an add-in-card), it doesn't have Thunderbolt.

Many motherboards have USB-C ports... but not Thunderbolt.  Thunderbolt ports have the lightning-bolt logo. 

If you try to plug a Thunderbolt peripheral (audio interface, etc) into a USB-C port that's carrying USB 3.2 (not Thunderbolt), it will not function.

• Like 1

Hi Jim, Thanks for the reply.  Yeah, I thought so....I've just heard and read so many different things while shopping for a new desktop and interface my head started to spin!  Thanks for clearing it up!!

If you are considering an 8940 you may be better off with an Optiplex or Precision desktop that does have Thunderbolt.  The 8940 can have heat and noisy fan issues.