Amazon Prime Day is next Monday and & Tuesday, June 21 & 22

Reid Rosefelt

If you're in the market for a hard drive, and lots of other stuff...   this is probably the best time to buy until Black Friday.
So you may want to think about what you might want next week so you are ready to buy if there's a sudden sale.

I'm planning to jump on a Stream Deck XL.  (I'll sell my regular one). 

https://www.amazon.com/

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Idea 2

12 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

I'm planning to jump on a Stream Deck XL. 

Do you already know what's going to be on sale? I don't have much experience with Prime Day, with the exception of a few hours a couple of years ago when I saw a bunch of crap on sale rotating every few minutes. That's where 90% of all those George Foreman grills in thrift stores come from. 

• Haha 2

Nothing of any real value usually goes on sale during Prime Day. It's like they are simply trying to get rid of the overstock of low quality junk. That said, I've picked up things like dust bags for jackets pretty cheap before. Random small things but they have never put anything on my wishlists or in my saved cart on sale that week.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, TerraSin said:

Nothing of any real value usually goes on sale during Prime Day. It's like they are simply trying to get rid of the overstock of low quality junk. That said, I've picked up things like dust bags for jackets pretty cheap before. Random small things but they have never put anything on my wishlists or in my saved cart on sale that week.

That is  simply not true.  You can't generalize from your wish list to everybody else's in the world.

For example, I am currently ready to buy a Stream Deck XL for the current price ($229), but I am going to wait until Prime Day. Why?  Because I got the XL for $199 on a Prime Day.  It may not happen this time, but it's worth it to me to wait until Monday.  (By the way, the prices for the $249 list XL went insane during the Pandemic--over $300) 

To make Prime Day and Black Friday work for you, you simply have to decide what you want to buy and how much you are willing to pay for it.  Then check on Prime Day and Black Friday.  Of course there may not be a sale on that particular thing, but I have bought ALL my SSDs on Prime Day and BF.  It can be a good time for external hard drives too.

If you are in the market for some music or computer hardware, like a particular SSD or hard drive or MIDI controller or instrument, then be ready.  Know the list price.  And this isn't about just checking today.  It helps to keep on Amazon prices all the time, because they fluctuate.

You need to read up on it. A lot of 7200 drives from Amazon don't come with warranties from the original manufacturer.  So in that case it might be a better deal to get it from another place like NewEgg or B&H.

I'll post here some of the good deals I find. 

Edited by Reid Rosefelt
  • Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

That is  simply not true.  You can't generalize from your wish list to everybody else's in the world.

For example, I am currently ready to buy a Stream Deck XL for the current price ($229), but I am going to wait until Prime Day. Why?  Because I got the XL for $199 on a Prime Day.  It may not happen this time, but it's worth it to me to wait until Monday.  (By the way, the prices for the $249 list XL went insane during the Pandemic--over $300) 

To make Prime Day and Black Friday work for you, you simply have to decide what you want to buy and how much you are willing to pay for it.  Then check on Prime Day and Black Friday.  Of course there may not be a sale on that particular thing, but I have bought ALL my SSDs on Prime Day and BF.  It can be a good time for external hard drives too.

If you are in the market for some music or computer hardware, like a particular SSD or hard drive or MIDI controller or instrument, then be ready.  Know the list price.  And this isn't about just checking today.  It helps to keep on Amazon prices all the time, because they fluctuate.

You need to read up on it. A lot of 7200 drives from Amazon don't come with warranties from the original manufacturer.  So in that case it might be a better deal to get it from another place like NewEgg or B&H.

I'll post here some of the good deals I find. 

You don't realize how extensive my wishlists are. lol

None the less, good luck with it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Monomox said:

@Reid Rosefelt, have you upgraded the Stream Deck software to v 5? And what do you think about it?

I just did this morning, and so far I like it a lot.  First, it's set up in a vertical way so you can see all the stuff you have to drag in at a glance so you don't have to always scroll.  It makes it easier to add many plugins and icons.  I'm assuming many or even most are free.  The store is set up in categories so it's easy to find what you're looking for.  I'm going to check out the OBS one--the standard Streamdeck one is very minimal. There are a lot of games, plus music and sound effects. 

I will start adding some of these to the XL on my music computer, but I will wait to do it on my desk until my new XL comes.   That will be awhile because it is always out of stock.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Here is my report.  

The Stream Deck XL was $229 when I was about to place my order.  But I decided to wait.  Today it is $249.  😡

Yesterday I found something else I wanted to buy, so I put it on my wish list.  $15 more today.  🥵

So much for Prime Day this year. 

• Sad 2

3 hours ago, Reid Rosefelt said:

Here is my report.  

The Stream Deck XL was $229 when I was about to place my order.  But I decided to wait.  Today it is $249.  😡

Yesterday I found something else I wanted to buy, so I put it on my wish list.  $15 more today.  🥵

So much for Prime Day this year. 

I have found that time and time again when just browsing on Amazon. It can't be just co-incidence that things that I looked at one day have so often gone up the next day. I guess it must work for them more often than they come up against someone like me who will just go elsewhere instead.

4 minutes ago, paulo said:

I have found that time and time again when just browsing on Amazon. It can't be just co-incidence that things that I looked at one day have so often gone up the next day. I guess it must work for them more often than they come up against someone like me who will just go elsewhere instead.

I think they absolutely customize offerings with tracking cookies.

Edited by bluzdog