Guitar fretboard view - how to change from half note to quarter note

Bob Decker

Question

Hello Cakewalkers,

Getting my feet wet with fretboard view so I can try MIDI guitar sounds via the TTS-1.  I have two chords shown in the screenshot.  All I want to do is change from half notes to quarter notes where I select the entire chord and change the note speed.  Is there an easy was to do this?  When I select the entire chord and simply click on a quarter note or hit return, I get nothing.  Thanks.

cakewalk_fretboard_notes_change.JPG

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Promidi said:

One way I can think is to selected the notes you wish to change, then go Process | Length, and reduce just the durations by 50%

Thanks, Promidi.  Is there a way I can reduce the note durations for all the notes in a chord in one sweep or do I have to change each note one by one?

55 minutes ago, Bob Decker said:

Is there a way I can reduce the note durations for all the notes in a chord in one sweep or do I have to change each note one by one?

Yes.  With the smart tool selected, right drag a rectangle around the notes you want to change, then do the Process | Length

You could go to the Piano Roll View and drag the ends of the notes to the 1/4 note grid mark. If they're all selected, you should be able to drag them all in one go.
But frankly, I think it would be easier to delete the notes and then select 1/4 note duration and draw them in again on the fretboard.

I would second the method using the Piano roll view. Right click mouse drag from upper right to lower left across the notes in the chord will quickly select all notes then drag right to left to shorten them. - Or if you have a large selection of continuous chords to change then grab as many chords as you can and use the same method. If this needs to be done across the entire track then select all follow the process length method.

Edited by RBH