Lost Stereo Output

nickjap

Question

Hello,

Can anyone help me? I seem to have lost the stereo output from Cakewalk by Bandlab and I don't understand how this has happened. I use a Focusrite Clarett 2pre audio interface to record in and hear the sound. The other day, I was recording some vocals, and I set my vocal track to output to output 3 in Cakewalk and I set up an additional output in Focusrite control to receive the sound. Subsequent to doing that the right channel doesn't seem to carry any signal even though my master fader reflects how I've set up my pan controls.

Can anyone tell me what I may have done and how I can get back to hear a stereo image again in Cakewalk?

Greatly appreciated,

Nick

2 answers to this question

The Focusrite use a software mixer that’s a bit complicated not sure if yours uses the old Mix Control or the new version. 
But the default if you re set it to that is for 1/2 to be your Master outputs. Make sure you plug your studio monitors in to that. 
Your Cakewalk audio tracks and instrument tracks should all be set to go to your master bus 

In my signature is links to my tutorials. Watch my latest video about basic set up 

Hi John,

Thanks for the reply. Apparently what had happened was my Focusrite software was out of date. I updated it and it solved the problem. But thanks for responding - and sorry it's taken me so long to acknowledge your reply!