SampleTank v 4.1.4 Groov e Player question

Peter C

Okay, final word on this. Reinstalled and I still have the same problem. So two possible workarounds:-

1. Open projects containing SampleTank in safe mode and choose not to load GroovePlayer.

OR

2. Freeze SampleTank before saving. Project containing frozen SampleTank opens normally. Unfreeze.

Very many thanks for everyone's help.

4 hours ago, Peter C said:

Okay, final word on this. Reinstalled and I still have the same problem. So two possible workarounds:-

1. Open projects containing SampleTank in safe mode and choose not to load GroovePlayer.

OR

2. Freeze SampleTank before saving. Project containing frozen SampleTank opens normally. Unfreeze.

Very many thanks for everyone's help.

Hey, I just noticed that your Cakewalk projects were lacking the default A, B, & C busses for the Master, Metronome, and Preview busses. Your instrument tracks are setup to output directly to audio hardware, rather than a Cakewalk Master Bus that then routes to the audio hardware.

That could just be a result of opening up your project on my end or probably shouldn't have anything to do with the safe mode issue, but it may be worth a shot! It's really the only difference I could find.

I sent you my saved version of the project file with those busses included.

3 hours ago, Peter C said:

Oh thanks. I'm away from the studio but will try them tomorrow although I did intend outs go directly to hardware.

Gotcha. Just wondered if maybe that might have been what made the metronome plugin Groove thingy get all bent and twisted...

Hey abacab.

Okay. This reminds me of that song that starts ' where do I begin?????'

This gets more and more curious......

Opened your file successfully (several times, just to check). Hooray!

Saved your file. Opened the saved file successfully. Woopee!

Went back to my original project files (there were a few). Opened one, Cakewalk closed down with no minidump created. It doesn't hang, it just closes after it apparently seems to load the file. It does this for projects containing SampleTank outputting directly to hardware and also for those with  metronome/preview/master buses. And it's the same behaviour whether it's running as vst2 or vst3.

Opened my file again in safe mode. This time I answered yes to the questions about loading SampleTank and GroovePlayer. File opened successfully. That's a first - it hasn't done that before, Cakewalk would just close. 

Saved my file. Opened it normally. Project loads successfully. Fantastic! But what  is going on? 

It seems that the first time my saved file is loaded it has to be in safe mode. Then when it is saved again  there are no further problems with opening it. I'll settle for that. 🙂

1 hour ago, Peter C said:

It seems that the first time my saved file is loaded it has to be in safe mode. Then when it is saved again  there are no further problems with opening it. I'll settle for that. 🙂

Great! 👍

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Peter C said:

Update.

For various reasons I needed to do a clean Windows install and....ta da.....SampleTank now works as it should do in CbB. It obviously didn't like something in my system.

Ah, the old clean Windows install... what a pain in the a...

But that is a sure fire way to remove any accumulated garbage or errors from your system! A lot of folks won't go there even when they suspect that is the way to go, because of the time investment required.

My last clean install was back in 2016 when I upgraded to Windows 10. I'm afraid that if I needed one now, it would take me weeks to get up and running again with over 1,000 plugins. My plan now is to take a daily full disk image, and at the first sign that something bad has happened that I cannot remedy directly, just roll back and restore an earlier image.

Thanks for the update!

• 2 months later...

Phraser is BROKEN in Sampletank 4.

I move a groove file onto the C2 key  of the phraser section.

Enable it in the instrument list but when I play ther C2 key it just plays the normal C2 sound instead of triggering the phrase.

This is with the latest update.

Pretty pissed off with this software  atm.

Nice sounds but alot of bugs.

Edited by Jellybeantiger

17 hours ago, Jellybeantiger said:

Phraser is BROKEN in Sampletank 4.

I move a groove file onto the C2 key  of the phraser section.

Enable it in the instrument list but when I play ther C2 key it just plays the normal C2 sound instead of triggering the phrase.

This is with the latest update.

Pretty pissed off with this software  atm.

Nice sounds but alot of bugs.

Open a ticket with IK Support.

• Great Idea 1

I've got some issues to with SampleTank 4 CS. This month i bought some ST soundpacks due to the 25th anniversary buy and when im closing my ST4 window CnB just shouts down. I tried some settings, till i found that it saved my root folder 2 times. After i deleted the second folder it was working again... But sometimes it happens again, regardless. I dont know why this happens, but at least its not everytime im closing the ST4 plugin window now. IK Instruments are really buggy, i also had some issues with Miroslav 2.

6 hours ago, SVSX said:

I've got some issues to with SampleTank 4 CS. This month i bought some ST soundpacks due to the 25th anniversary buy and when im closing my ST4 window CnB just shouts down. I tried some settings, till i found that it saved my root folder 2 times. After i deleted the second folder it was working again... But sometimes it happens again, regardless. I dont know why this happens, but at least its not everytime im closing the ST4 plugin window now. IK Instruments are really buggy, i also had some issues with Miroslav 2.

Open a ticket with IK Support!

• Great Idea 1