Ordinary Day

vilovilo

Hi,

sorry,not much time to muse around on this forum,took time to listen to some titles and will have to leave comments...

By the way this song was recorded in one take( really one,the first shot and no look back)

For me this song is ... Beautiful ,Dolores O'Riordan wrote it for the birth of her daughter,and for me,it was ok to make it for my grandson.

Thanks for listening.

Olivier.

1:02, your pronunciation might be more "deh-zert" than "diz-ert".  Your voice is great - love the singing. I know you are non-native to English and I think you do an incredible job singing in a different language.

Mix works for me. Nice voice / acoustic guitar combination.

Overall the file might be just a bit hot (loud?) - I had to turn down my volume knobs a little to enjoy it.

Great fade out!!!

cheers,

-Tom

Olivier
Very nice song, well sung and played. Very good mix too, the guitar and vocal are very clear. The fade out at the end is a little too long and I found it distracting. I think a more traditional ending would work better.  Just my opinion.

13 hours ago, emeraldsoul said:

1:02, your pronunciation might be more "deh-zert" than "diz-ert".  Your voice is great - love the singing. I know you are non-native to English and I think you do an incredible job singing in a different language.

Mix works for me. Nice voice / acoustic guitar combination.

Overall the file might be just a bit hot (loud?) - I had to turn down my volume knobs a little to enjoy it.

Great fade out!!!

cheers,

-Tom

Hello Tom,

thanks for your comments.

I will be careful with the word "desert " .

well singing in english demands some attention with all thoose "s" wich if you miss them ruin the meaning and thoose"th"unprononceable for me but ...I let it happen in some ways.

for the loudness,I must be years late,and try to be a winner in the loudness war:-) ..No I don't know why It sounds louder ,but I am afraid that if I lower the ceiling of the limiter ,the soundcloud convertion  algorythm makes it even louder.

Thanks again.

Cheers .

olivier

Edited by vilovilo
Edit due to the corrector

12 hours ago, bjornpdx said:

Olivier
Very nice song, well sung and played. Very good mix too, the guitar and vocal are very clear. The fade out at the end is a little too long and I found it distracting. I think a more traditional ending would work better.  Just my opinion.

Hi Bjorn,

thank you.

well for the mix ,It was not so touchy,one guitar and one voice, though on this one ,I dared to make It all "hardware" based.

For the fade out,as It was a single take,It is more to hide errors at the end of the song than an artistic décision:-)

thanks 

cheers.

Olivier

3 hours ago, freddy j said:

You did a very good performance on this song.  The mix sounded good on my system.  I really liked the baritone notes of your vocal.  Nice one1

Hi Freddy

thanks a lot.

I am discovering that voice is really related to what we are and maybe this way to sing is due to a belief that I am not able to go in the high tones,but I am ok with It....

thank you.

Olivier

Olivier, you chose a great song by a great songwriter to perform, and you pulled it off beautifully.  You have one of the most resonant voices going, and you always seem to find the perfect songs for it.  As for the volume, it sounds about right on my system, but, rather than lower the ceiling of your limiter, you could raise the threshold instead, and just catch the peaks.  Still, a pleasure to listen to.

1 hour ago, Lynn said:

Olivier, you chose a great song by a great songwriter to perform, and you pulled it off beautifully.  You have one of the most resonant voices going, and you always seem to find the perfect songs for it.  As for the volume, it sounds about right on my system, but, rather than lower the ceiling of your limiter, you could raise the threshold instead, and just catch the peaks.  Still, a pleasure to listen to.

Hi Lynn,

yes , great  songwriter ,I miss her in some ways though I never met her,and great song....I cannot  say why ,but this song mooves something deep in me....

thanks for the tip of raising the threshold, I will do it,

I say I miss time and it is true ,have a window tonight....

thanks again.

Cheers.

Olivier

Edited by vilovilo

On 16 avril 2019 at 4:02 AM, Ed D said:

Very nice song and great singing! Mix sounds good to me. Nice job! 

Hello,

I said I miss time and it's true ,but this place is amazing... Full of cool people..

Thanks a lot for listening and commenting.

Cheers.

Olivier

5 hours ago, daryl1968 said:

great stuff Olivier - really nice performance

Waow Daryl!!!

Thanks for your comment.

Olivier.

edit.. A look back at the original,according to me is not wasted time !!!

Edited by vilovilo

On 17 avril 2019 at 11:21 PM, Jesse Screed said:

I do not know this song,

but I love the spontaneity. 

give me 5 minutes of reckless abandon over perfect coifs and painted faces any day.

you just keep on doing what you are doing

you will find the way

Hello Jessy ,

thanks a lot for listening and for your comment.

By the way the last three lines you typed sound like poetry ....could be wrote like this:

Give me five minutes of reckless abandon over perfect coifs and painted faces any day

You just keep on doing

What you are doing

You will find the way

thanks ,

Olivier