Adam Grossman

MIDI Controller Copy/Paste Question

Hello,  how would I go about programming these so that every time I use the portamento parameter, every time it is the EXACT same values and shapes?

I know copying and pasting the notes (selecting controllers along with notes) would work, but it's not always the same note, so that would be ultra annoying.  Is there a way to just manipulate/edit the controller information post recording?

image.thumb.png.002fe6a610c441d871c3f9f9a8804f1c.png

Thank You!

Posted (edited)

The first one would work best for a shape. There is also a new articulation map feature that I don't use but the first idea seems easiest to me for a shape.

The other ones would work for  a single event -

Event Window/Separate Track Control

You could figure out exactly what value you want to use and insert it into the event window in a separate track.

If you put a text event before and after it you will create a clip that is large enough to easily drag around where you want it.

Make that second track play to the same instrument & channel as your sound.

Copy/drag away.....

Or..

Control Surface Button

If you have a NanoKontrol or something that has a programmable button you could program buttons to do what you need

Or..

CAL Program

You could create a CAL program attached to a shortcut key to insert at current location.

Or..

Find/Change

Use Process/Find Change to find Portamento - CC 05 and in part 2 of the process set it to the value you want

There may be other possibilities but these ideas would work.

Good luck

Edited by rfssongs
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, rfssongs said:

Event Window/Separate Track Control

You could figure out exactly what value you want to use and insert it into the event window in a separate track.

If you put a text event before and after it you will create a clip that is large enough to easily drag around where you want it.

Make that second track play to the same instrument & channel as your sound.

Copy/drag away.....

Or..

Thanks so much for the write up.  I did try what you wrote above, but it didn't create a clip of any kind I can drop/drop around.   Is there something else I need to do?  

You need to insert the text events in order to create a clip large enough to see & drag. In this case the clip is about a measure long. I put a label on the clip. You can even create a couple of different styles & name them this way.

image.png.61009f49d9a84a89b7135290300301b2.png

image.png.48ef23459e5c3b5cb9facb32668fcf1c.png

I guess if its a new track maybe, but I am editing stuff inside of a track which was played already, so its already inside a clip.  Its not making a new clip for me just by making text events :(

The idea if you want to follow this concept would be to put it on it's own track & send it to the same instrument as the original track.

If you want to change a series of events already in the track you could mess around with the Find/Change method.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, rfssongs said:

The idea if you want to follow this concept would be to put it on it's own track & send it to the same instrument as the original track.

If you want to change a series of events already in the track you could mess around with the Find/Change method.

ahhh yes I see now... that worked.  Great idea!  THANK YOU!!!!!!!!