Why do hardware strips scroll along with tracks and buses in Console?

Starship Krupa

When working on a laptop with precious screen real estate, I know that I'll be scrolling up and down to see all the controls on the strips in Console View.

However, when I scroll, the hardware output strips scroll along with them even though there's no useful control or info above the Mute buttons.

I suggest that the hardware output strips have their downward scrolling limited so that it stops when the divider above the Mute buttons gets to the top of the window.

• Great Idea 1

9 hours ago, sjoens said:

Scrolling L 2 R is necessary but up & down only if CV is vertically less than 1/2 screen.

And when vertical real estate is tight is when I notice how much useless space there is at the top of the hardware output strips.

I use them sometimes, to equalize volume between my 4 monitor systems.

One feature I find most amusing is the way you can widen/narrow the hardware strips down to the width of a normal bus or track strip. I sleep better at night knowing that that extra bit of width is there on my hardware outputs if I decide I need it, and conversely, if I want to run lean 'n' mean, I can shrink them. Still, the fact that they all change width at the same time means that it could be made even more versatile, more customizable.

All tracks can be narrowed & hidden individually. Only the output tracks can't be hidden with Track Manager.

Maybe for some it would be nice to include them but the Busses & Mains can be collapsed by sliding them all the way to the right.

11 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

And when vertical real estate is tight is when I notice how much useless space there is at the top of the hardware output strips.

Future expansion?? :S