[Not A Deal] Kontakt Help

Grem

Open Kontakt

Click on the settings cog:

image.png.0c5fb1f9c3b8ab1c1dbd92f8b2fbe883.png

Click on Database and voilà!

image.png.60265184c77e7cec3649db9945c5d0fc.png

Using File Explorer in Windows, under each instrument, there is a Samples folder. But I'm not sure they can be extracted for use in other VSTs. They are .NKR, NKX, NKC type files.

@Matthew Sorrels could probably answer that!

Edited by Pluto Gabo
  • Like 1

If I can I  use native access to relocate libraries that I previously installed but wanted to move.  I do this usually if I run out of space and move them to a new external ssd.  I first move them and then I right click and select relocate.  I then point them to new location. 

2 hours ago, kevin H said:

I first move them and then I right click and select relocate.  I then point them to new location. 

In Native Access?

This is where I am getting confused. If I move them, how do I point Kontakt to the new location.

I am a komplete noobie as far as Kontakt!!

If i recall you move them, then sign into native access and go to the product you moved and it should say in the right column there is a problem and you click repair i think then can point it to the new location and it should say ok or whatever then. Then open the standalone and let it start up and hopefully things will work. On a few moves i have had it not work and the instrument box will say something like there is stuff missing and you will have to point it to the new location. Good luck ! 

• Thanks 2

What treesha said sounds about right. Once it has been 'repaired' in Native Access it should be available in either the standalone, or the plugin version. Also, when moving the folders around, probably a good idea to not rename the instrument's parent folder - I've tried renaming some folders before and NA has refused to find it.

Thanks for that video @kevin H I looked for some videos last night but all I found were ones showing how to install libs. 

I did what treesha suggeste3d and it appears to have worked. However, when I went to install another lib and tried to tell NA to install it to the directory I want, it refused to do it, despite following the help in the error message link.

WHat I have I guess is a mess. With the free Kontakt Player I also got the Komplete Free stuff. I have no idea where that was d/l and installed to. 

If i recall when you want to know where something was installed use native access and look in the info section on the right for that instrument and it will say the installation path in one of the tabs. 

Edited by treesha
Wording

If you still have kontakt player available you can right click on any library (or nki) within kontakt and select open containing folder.  This will open the folder where they were installed.  

image.thumb.jpeg.ad305a1dd69e61026f8ffb95ed2a218a.jpeg  

Another way to find out is within Native access to click on the icon (graphic) of any installed library. This opens an info window and selecting installation path tab also tells you where they were installed.

image.png.18b4848f06f95f48867baf1c1aedfd1c.png

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Grem said:

I did what treesha suggeste3d and it appears to have worked. However, when I went to install another lib and tried to tell NA to install it to the directory I want, it refused to do it, despite following the help in the error message link.

Kontakt Player libraries that you download from within Native Access will install into the Content location, as set in the Native Access preferences. If you want to relocate them, you can do so after they've downloaded. Just remember to re-run NA and 'repair' the libraries, pointing to the new location.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, antler said:

Kontakt Player libraries that you download from within Native Access will install into the Content location, as set in the Native Access preferences. If you want to relocate them, you can do so after they've downloaded. Just remember to re-run NA and 'repair' the libraries, pointing to the new location.

Unfortunately it's just Content location, that's not broken down so you can select a different location just for Kontakt samples. I just upgraded from select to full and copied all the Kontakt libraries to an ssd.

• Like 1

With these big libraries on HD's why don't they just make it so that you plug the HD into your PC and they just run from that. Why does it all need to be installed somewhere else? Am I missing something?

• Like 2

Update:

Seems everything is working as intended. Thanks everyone for all the help in pointing me in the right direction and giving advise. It all helped out. I now have it set up the way I want it.

What I didn't realize is that NI wants/requires you to go through NA to d/l and authorize everything. I got it all sorted out now.

Thanks again everyone. :)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Grem said:

What I didn't realize is that NI wants/requires you to go through NA to d/l and authorize everything. I got it all sorted out now.

For 3rd party libraries without an NI serial you may have to use quick load menu in kontakt instead of NA.  But that’s a lesson for another day hahha 

• Haha 1