Using Cakewalk Live with Setlists - HELP #4

Harddrive

Okay.  Still no resolution with once you have run a song, it wants you to save it on completion.

Here's another one for ya:

I want to connect my laptop running Sonar with a setlist of fifteen songs. Each song is typed to load underneath the current one playing 'Wait for Keypress' (nominally the spacebar) to start the next track.

I want to trigger this from a Korg NanoKONTROL Studio.  Sure, in 'Control Surfaces' with the Mackie setup activated for the MIDI ins and outs from the Korg it will use standard transport functions - PLAY/STOP, but to start the next song in Playlist, it needs 'spacebar'.

Now, how do I fix this? My mission is to give control of my laptop on stage (and situated above my rig) to my keyboardist partner via BT or USB MIDI to start and stop songs without me having to go back to the rig every time. It's better for him if he has that too.

HARDDRIVE

so neither performer has a laptop near them? (i keep mine on a music stand) and an ipad for instrument effects and controlling remotely other devices (on the mic stand via an ipad mount). this avoids having to move around to access all the systems - either directly or remotely. for your case, maybe a CC on the keyboard could be used to trigger a macro which sends a spacebar character.

3 hours ago, Glenn Stanton said:

so neither performer has a laptop near them? (i keep mine on a music stand) and an ipad for instrument effects and controlling remotely other devices (on the mic stand via an ipad mount). this avoids having to move around to access all the systems - either directly or remotely. for your case, maybe a CC on the keyboard could be used to trigger a macro which sends a spacebar character.

We do. Our keyboard rigs are 'back to back' facing inwards. His is a three stack with Reason, mine is a one stack running Sonar. All I need is something like the nanoKONTROLStudio on his side to 'Start' the next track which has loaded from my Playlists. I have the nanoKONTROLStudio hooked up to my Sonar and installed with the Macke Control Surface loaded. It works with one song loaded - the transport functions work okay, PLAY/STOP etc. But in Playlist, the SPACEBAR loads song #1 and SPACEBAR again starts that song, whilst song #2 loads underneath ready for another SPACEBAR when song #1 is finished. I can't get the nanoCONTRAOLStudio to send a 'spacebar' command (yet) and I need to know the secret how to do that. I want to position the nanoKONTROLStudio on his side so all he has to do is press the > PLAY button on it and it triggers the spacebar. I can't se anything in the key tagging function either. HELP!

HARDDRIVE

I use the Stealth USB box with 4 Standard Foot Switch’s. You can program it to any keystrokes 

You can definitely control Cakewalk with it. And once programmed it can be connected to any computer with out needing specific software. 
The foot switch could be put anywhere. A door bell button would work 

• Like 1