Will_Kaydo

Replace Samples

Can we have the ability to replace audio sample with different samples without having to rebuild with you have.

Example: If I want to replace a Clap with a Snare - i only want to be able to drag the snare on the track number, to replace the entire clap loop I had created before it was bounced into/as one clip in the track view. 

"Replace old with new" doesn't/never seem to work. It rather go sit ontop of the previous/current sample. 

• Great Idea 1

+1 I have been trying to figure this out as well. It would be nice to be able to change a sample like you would change a vst. If I didnt like the kick I laid down I could just replace the kick without having to redo the whole pattern. This would help me alot.

This is why people have to use 3rd party VSTi's like Atlas and XO because Cakewalk lacks a dedicated sampler that's deeply integrated into the workflow

1 hour ago, Xel Ohh said:

+1 I have been trying to figure this out as well. It would be nice to be able to change a sample like you would change a vst. If I didnt like the kick I laid down I could just replace the kick without having to redo the whole pattern. This would help me alot.

Indeed.

This is a common problem in production. 

Let's hope for the best. 💪