Asio

dotonemanband

Question

Cake was working fine with Asio. After inserted a VST "Band In a Box"  into the daw, the error message BIAB wasn't connecting with cake ... please close and try again.  When opening Cake again there was no sound, so I changed to Wasapi shared and now I can hear but slight latency delay.  Asio is showing as an option but when I try Asio it still has no sound so for now I'm be using Wasapi. Any suggestions on how adjust to get back to Asio again? 

9 answers to this question

If your using on board audio you have to use WASAPI. To use ASIO you need an audio interface. You will hear latency until then. On board audio is limited in use for daws 

in-my signature is links to my tutorials watch the videos on onboard audio and ASIO 

Edited by John Vere

And just so you know, The common way to use Band in a Box is create the song in the stand alone app and then export the midi file. Open that in Cakewalk and take advantage of the much better sounding instruments. Also much more powerful effects and editing. 

If you leave all the midi outputs unchecked in Preferences/Midi/ Devices  Cakewalk will OPEN the midi file with TTS-1. You can then replace with better quality like the SI instruments and 100's of free VST plug in available. 

Edited by John Vere

FWIW I open biab with asio and create a song and then open CbB with asio setup to share. Click the DAW button in biab in the upper left corner and it shrinks biab and keeps it on top and you can select instruments from below the menu bar and drag and drop into CbB. So far I've just been doing it with audio, I haven't tried that with midi tracks.

Edited by rsinger

On 6/12/2021 at 3:09 PM, rsinger said:

I open biab with asio and create a song and then open CbB with asio setup to share.

Interesting. What interface do you have that has an ASIO driver with a shared mode? The ones I've seen only allow one app at a time to use the ASIO driver, although I find I can still run other apps in WASAPI with varying results.

14 hours ago, Starship Krupa said:

Interesting. What interface do you have that has an ASIO driver with a shared mode? The ones I've seen only allow one app at a time to use the ASIO driver, although I find I can still run other apps in WASAPI with varying results.

What John said. What I meant was open CbB with asio and CbB setup to share. Although I just checked and I don't have suspend audio engine checked so that isn't necessary.