Scuffham S-Gear Sale

cclarry

1 hour ago, cclarry said:

This has been stagnant for a while.  Pretty sad for such a good Amp Sim...

It has been stagnant and in some ways it is disappointing. Due to this frustration I have bought several others, including a significant investment in Nembrini. And yet, and yet…I STILL find myself going back to S-Gear - often. It is still a truly great amp sim IMHO and you could argue that it doesn’t need developing, much that I’d like to see that. The recent bunch of presets by the Studio Rats demonstrated its diversity and quality superbly. 

• Like 5

6 hours ago, cclarry said:

This has been stagnant for a while.  Pretty sad for such a good Amp Sim...

I think it's still good. I have a Boss SY-1000 and it enables me to split the signal so I've been sending one signal to S-Gear and another to an old ADA MP-1 and dialing in some of the S-Gear tones on the MP-1. I've had the MP-1 for 25 years or so and still like it.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Marshall said:

Due to this frustration I have bought several others, including a significant investment in Nembrini. And yet, and yet…I STILL find myself going back to S-Gear - often.

Different approach here. I have bought several amps from PA during sales and then I've tried S-Gear  ... and going back to my PA's Fuchs, Friedman and Engl amps. And if we are talking about Nembrini, their Boss Diode DS is "must have" tool for me.

• Like 1

S-Gear has been on my to get list for sometime. Is this a good price to jump in or are there better deals round the corner (B-Friday)?

I'm in no hurry to get this, but you know when GAS hits.....:P

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Mesh said:

S-Gear has been on my to get list for sometime. Is this a good price to jump in or are there better deals round the corner (B-Friday)?

I'm in no hurry to get this, but you know when GAS hits.....:P

It rarely gets lower than this...

• Like 1

I know everything is subjective with guitar tone, but how do you like this one Larry? I get the feeling it was one of the best amp sims around at one point, but has it stood the test of time with some of the newer products (e.g. Amplitube 5, TH-U, Bias 2, etc)?

Edited by antler
  • Like 1

For those interested, I've seen it go a couple of times for a bit less ($70-80-ish) on KVR, so that might be another option, if you can wait and are searching for the absolute best deal. 

To my ears, for clean/crunch, S-Gear is top notch. There are other great plugins for cleans, with different flavors, which I use and love (Plini, Fuse's F-59, some of Amplitube 5, plus a few more). Like those, I think S-Gear is pretty close to perfect in what it offers, but they each have their respective strengths. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, antler said:

I know everything is subjective with guitar tone, but how do you like this one Larry? I get the feeling it was one of the best amp sims around at one point, but has it stood the test of time with some of the newer products (e.g. Amplitube 5, TH-U, Bias 2, etc)?

It still holds up Antler...like has been stated, especially on clean/crunch tones...
Amplitube 5 was certainly a step in the right direction for Amplitube.  TH-U
is in my "Ok" range...not the best for me...