Great reference guide. New stuff!

Anders Madsen

I saw there was an arpeggiator in the track inspector. I have never seen it. Not even as I write. :) I can't for the love of.. understand the description:

"To show a track/bus/hardware output in the Track Inspector Do one of the following: Click the desired track, bus or hardware output in the Track view or Console view. Click the Track Name control in the Track Inspector to select any available track, bus or hardware output."
I have tried..

Need halp. 

TrackInspector.jpg

TrackInspector.jpg

Edited by Moxica

You're showing pics of the Console view. The Track inspector  ( by default anyways ) is to the left of the Track View. It will show an enlarged view of the track ( similar to the console view ) with a plethora of of options and drop down menus . If you select a Midi Track - The  Track Inspector will show options for an appregiator.

look for Inspectors   here : https://www.cakewalk.com/Documentation?product=SONAR&language=3

• Thanks 1

It is referencing the Track Inspector specifically to change hardware outputs - It's describing a couple of methods to change the buss or hardware outputs and it's describing the location ( relative to the track name location ) with in the inspector. - If I'm understanding correctly.

The Appregiator is available in the Inspector if you have selected a MIDI track.

An audio track selection shows the Audio track and next to it where that track is routed to - A MIDI track selection shows the MIDI track and next to it - the appregiator plus other options.

Yes. Because: "Click the desired track, bus or hardware output in the Track view or Console view"

This statement is telling you how to select  what properties get populate in the track Inspector. This is because there is a lot available information - but that information is dependent on what you wish to see. So , selecting the desired hardware output in track or console view simply tells what track to load in the inspector - from there you get multiple drop down menus for a deeper level of information and options. I think it's a clever way to show a lot of information without clustering up screen. AND  you can change the hardware outputs  etc from the Track Inspector - there are multiple places to change outputs and this is just describing one method from the TRack Inspector.

Edited by RBH
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Moxica said:

Thank you for your patience, RBH :)
I have chosen a MIDI track. I have opened the Track in the inspector. No "Track Name control"  And no arpeggiator view..
Here's what I get:

TrackView1.jpg

Select MIDI track, then in inspector select ProChannel tab. There you will find Arpeggiator. Normally if you select audio track, ProChannel will show ProChannel strips, however you will see many MIDI optional control for the track selected when you click on ProChannel tab while you select MIDI track.

On 4/14/2019 at 12:49 PM, Moxica said:

What does this even mean:  "Click the Track Name control in the Track Inspector"?

This threw me for a moment when I was reading this thread, but then I tried what you were doing.

I hadn't realized it, but in the Inspector, the Track Name does more than just display the name of the track, it is actually a button. When you click on it, it pops up a context menu that lets you select which track, bus or hardware output you want to display in the Inspector pane.

This is kind of trippy to me, I thought the Inspector always showed the track you had selected in Console or Track view.

You may also lock the current track, bus, or hardware output in the Inspector pane so that it can't be overridden by selecting a track elsewhere.

I can see the problem, though, he doesn't label it in the illustration as the Track Name Control, so when you read it, WTF?

So much to be learned by reading other people's questions and answers here on the forum.

• Like 2