Sideshowfx releases Cubase Programmed Keys for Streamdeck 15 key and XL

Reid Rosefelt

This is not merely a set of icons but a complete set of programmed shortcut keys.

600+ icons - 474 programmed keys for XL and 438 programmed keys for regular Streamdeck
You get five sets for each one: labeled on Black, Grey, Dark Gray, and Dark Blue and Unlabeled Transparent
It works with Cubase 11 and all previous editions.

Products from sideshowfx are ready to go and can be installed in minutes. They have clear instructions about how to get them into your Streamdecks and how to put the keyboard shortcuts into the software.

I don't have this set yet, but my sets for Photoshop and Premiere work flawlessly.

Once you have them in, you can adjust them to match your workflow.

More information here:

https://www.sideshowfx.net/cubase-pro-stream-deck

1359050043_CubaseProSD_DVD_cropped_store.png.73879eb322d35be13fa96a6519fbbb7a.png1218628831_LABELEDICONSET.thumb.jpeg.321a277c93102aabdc12442a79456df4.jpegpages.thumb.jpeg.c0fe19f53a5ca5b72049c9ece70dfd3b.jpeg1989458101_5SETS.thumb.jpeg.f366cd712d473ebebc8188f2d38bc81e.jpeg

• Like 1

Nais! Will have to try it with my StreamDeck (15).

Edith: After reading, it don't come with the possibility to try before buy.

I'll continue creating my own for my DAW's.

Edited by Zargg
  • Like 1

They do offer free sample sets of a lot of their stuff, so you can check out the quality.

https://www.sideshowfx.net/free

But I admit, I have spent a lot of time getting my cubase buttons just the way I want them. 

What I've found with their other sets is that it's very easy to copy and paste their programmed icons and put then where I want them.

My Streamdeck templates are always a work in progress. 

I did ask them to do this a long time ago, and I'm happy they decided to do it.   I hope it works out for them.

They did Ableton, and I think that there are so many controllers out there for Ableton that are better than a streamdeck. 

Streamdeck is much better for DAWs, photo and video editing, etc.  I think.   Oh,  it's pretty good for streaming, too.

I've mainly made for Studio One, as even I can make macros for the things I use most. Inserts, full track templates, etc.

I've got 4 pages loaded with macros on my  SD, and as you say, it's a work in progress.

18 minutes ago, antler said:

This is the first time I've heard of Stream Deck - does it work with (i.e. 'control') any software? or is there only a specific set of apps that work with it?

It's basically a programmable keyboard. It sends key combinations to "control" whatever program is on focus. It can also execute exe and bat files, open specific web addresses, send a text string (for example, I use it enter Zoom passwords for recurrent meetings), and a few other things. It can also send MIDI messages, but I haven't used that capability. I love my Stream Deck, by the way.

In a DAW, it's helpful for keyboard shortcuts that have too many keys or that I just can't commit to memory. You can also send F13, up to F25 (I think), so if you feel like you're running out of possible shortcut combinations, you get more with the Stream Deck.

I bought 4 wifi-activated AC outlets (smart plugs) that you can control through the SD via IFTTT, but I haven't set it up. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, antler said:

This is the first time I've heard of Stream Deck - does it work with (i.e. 'control') any software? or is there only a specific set of apps that work with it?

Yes, it will control everything.  And the cool thing about it is that it changes the buttons when you switch from one software to another   In other words if I change from Photoshop to Premiere, the buttons switch. 

You can put documents in it, so that it can load a word doc with one button.  You can put URLs in it to control your browser. And there are different kinds of switches, like two-part ones.   It can type text (like a password)

Very easy to set up.   Any picture can be drag and dropped into it.

• Thanks 1

• 9 months later...

Bumping this topic, as I just picked up a StreamDeck.  Sometimes being the head IT guy has its advantages - "Hey, I think we need to look at these - I'll pick one up and test it at home."

On a serious note, this thing is really cool.  Still trying to work out the difference between Midi and Shortcuts, but I'll get there.

Has anyone found a good free music or Daw related icon sets?