FabFilter Pro-Q 3 and Pro-Q 3 Upgrade

cclarry

9 hours ago, LasWaltz said:

Is it so better than is worth the over 100 even if you have Sonnox?

14 minutes ago, abacab said:

Is it really worth $143.20 with the code? For an EQ? I got Kontakt 6 full version for less...

I don't think so. I had it and sold it. I now use mostly the 4-band stock EQ of my DAW, Melda, and random analogue emulation EQ's for coloration (in that order). Don't need posh FabFilter in my life.

IMHO, if you find yourself often reaching for a surgical EQ to fix something, it might pay off to stop and think what is the actual problem to solve. The right approach to solving it likely doesn't even involve an equalizer.

Edited by sarine
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, sarine said:

I don't think so. I had it and sold it.

😨

You don't need a laser guided nuclear missile to solve most issues; but sometimes having one can come in handy...
If you can get past the interface Melda's stuff is pretty powerful.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1

FabFilter may be the only thing I need for mixing and mastering. Each and every FF plugin is great IMO, but if you’re game, at least get the creative and essentials bundles. Those include their very best. Or go for the total bundle. No regrets. And don’t forget you can get another 10% off from a customer. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheSteven said:

You don't need a laser guided nuclear missile to solve most issues; but sometimes having one can come in handy...

Yeah, I get it. I just thought, "I shouldn't need to be doing this." (surgery)  I found myself micromanaging frequencies too often just because I had arguably the best tool designed for that. I figured the tool was facilitating bad habits and I should direct my attention and efforts elsewhere. Whatever surgery I may need to do every now and then (mostly because I'm too lazy to treat the problem instead of the symptom), I can get done sufficiently. Mostly with that stock 4-band EQ with one band activated. If I need to actually match & invert spectrums to do detailed carving (which, I have to be honest, having to resort to always feels like a failure), Melda does that.

• Like 1
  • Great Idea 1