APD Offer: 54% Off Consequence by Sugar Bytes!

Audio Plugin Deals

For only $54.99 (normally $119), get CONSEQUENCE, the chord sequencer by Sugar Bytes!

CONSEQUENCE is an arpeggiator, which creates a sequence of notes based on the chords that you provide. Up to 3 instruments can be loaded up, and a vast number of sequencing options can be used to control the way that the plug-in “interprets” your input.

CONSEQUENCE is a composition tool, which can create chord-lines or whole songs on the fly, but also chords which are played via MIDI can be super-sized using the innovative sound and sequencing engine.

Get CONSEQUENCE now at 54% off for a limited time only, hurry and save!

Deal page: https://audioplugin.deals/deal-1
Deal ends on June 23rd, 2021 at midnight eastern time

KEY FEATURES

• 3 Oscillators in a 32-Step Sequencer
  • Easily creates complex sounds and rhythms
  • Hundreds of natural sound samples
  • Charming multi-effect section
  • Individual Envelope per instrument
  • Polyphonic Triggers per Step
  • MIDI Out
  • Requires macOS 10.9 or higher: Audio Unit, VST2, AAX, Standalone
  • Requires Windows 7 or higher: VST2, AAX, Standalone

Sugar Bytes makes the sweetest GUI's, but I've been much less impressed with their DSP. Glitching, crackling, hissing and popping are commonplace in their instruments. Aparillo had a ridiculous bug where some oscillators/modulators would ramp up speed gradually. I only noticed this when I'd forgotten my project playback on for half an hour or so while I was AFK, and saw some parameters going ballistic on screen, probably due to some floating point rounding error accumulating uncontrollably.

They're fine synths that can sound very good, but honestly I don't think they're better in that field than a random synth from SONiVOX. What distinguishes them is the graphic design and innovative UI's that facilitate unique workflows.

15 minutes ago, Fleer said:

I’m actually quite fond of them. Got most, and love Aparillo, Factory and Obscurium. Also got their iPad counterparts. You can call me a fan. 

Aparillo and Cyclop here, use Cyclop often. I like both interfaces. Sugar Bytes' sound is not the most polished but hey, nothing a little filtering can't patch. I don't always need nor want the creamy softness of my better-sounding synths.

• Like 1