Wusik No Brainer

John K

About got PO'd with this because have invested a chunk of change into these synths and romplers over the years.

Good products like Wusikstation, EVE, 8088, ZR, and others.  Wusikstation is sorta like Sampletank as a reference.

Guess you can get over $ 850 off because all 20 of their virtual instruments are on a flash sale for $ 27.  Can't see this lasting too long.  Demos are available.

https://www.wusik.com/w/index.php/purchase/

John

• Thanks 1

wusik has tiny digital sounds, weird GUI to use and i never found myself to use it, i believe it is NFR as well but if you want all for $27 is good deal and you will suport developer

some have normal license number some dont

Edited by dee

I would probably use Wusik Station a lot if it weren't glitchy, e.g. sounds staying on (not receiving note-off?).

I'm not sure what "tiny, digital sound" means, but to me many of the presets were useable. IIRC it also supports SFZ.

Wusikstation is capable of doing a lot of things ordinary samplers can't. There are two wavesequenced channels which can allow you to come up with some interesting patterns.   The quality of the sound engine is fine.

The included content skews heavily towards either cheesy 80s sounds or new age soundscapes.  There are plenty of really good sounds (such as the Art Vera collections) but a lot of chaff as well.

However, there are a few things I don't like about this program.

First, recent releases have not been that stable for me.

Second, the GUI can be awkward to navigate.

In terms of presets, there's a big quantity over quality issue.  An NI style tagged browsing system would definitely help. 

However, one of the big problems is that it is not easy creating new patches with the given content.  You can do a lot by combining the elements, but trying to find the elements you want can be really difficult.   Some of the elements have names like "Moog 1", "Moog 2", etc. which is not the most descriptive.  "Moog Saw" and "Moog Pulse 25" would be more helpful.

I can't say I have used WS in that many projects in a long time, but someone on a budget might get a lot of use out of it.

• Thanks 2

Grem,

Authorization is either from a simple serial number or the synth delivered already activated. No strangled online crap or restrictions.

Like Paul said however, the new stuff is way late. Got into the group buy 2019 with Wusikstation 10 only a few days away. Wusik arp on the horizon. Other things to be added to the faithful who went for the group buy.

None of this has happened yet and may never happen. Screwed in one sense though I can understand the COVID and other excuses given for not delivering on schedule.

However, if what you see is what you get in the here and now, still a great deal.

Comparing the likes of AAS Lounge Lizard where there are many layers of articulation so the harder you bang, the more subtleties evolve.

The Wusik romplers allow velocity response for volume but no volume dependent envelopes that mimic real life, since playing one sample per instrument only. The preset is either loud or soft. That's it.

Can however craft great multis since you can play 4 slots with different instruments and control envelopes and effects for each slot. If volume dependent articulations are not needed as in a hi volume song, nothing is lost or noticed. Sound installer is universal across the samplers and about a 16 GB download.

Can't beat the price for what you get.

John

• Thanks 1

Wusikstation was one of my early major purchases.
Haven't used it in a while but used it a lot for a period of time.

Wusikstation has a great GM bank.
There are a number of other diamonds buried among the mass quantities of meh.
If you got more time than money and money is dear it's a great buy for $27.

Edited by TheSteven
  • Like 1