wah wah

18 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

cheers whoisp  (great name that) I´m a cheap git so i´ll give it a go thanks P

Cakewalk is the best thing in the world that's free but expensive haha Ive only ever bought Addictive Drums2 and Ozone 9 elements.  Iv'e not used Melodyne yet and was going to be maybe do black Friday purchase end of year.  I have  Melodyne 4 installed and need to have a play first because i think i would use it for melodies and vocal maybe odd bit of guitar.  Everything else i use is free plugins and fx from a old Yamaha DJX keyboard haha 

T

18 hours ago, whoisp said:

Cakewalk is the best thing in the world that's free but expensive haha Ive only ever bought Addictive Drums2 and Ozone 9 elements.  Iv'e not used Melodyne yet and was going to be maybe do black Friday purchase end of year.  I have  Melodyne 4 installed and need to have a play first because i think i would use it for melodies and vocal maybe odd bit of guitar.  Everything else i use is free plugins and fx from a old Yamaha DJX keyboard haha 

Creative sauce Mike just made a tutorial including  melodyne  a great tip to convert audio to midi ``a must see´´  so you can sing a solo melody and then convert it to say strings and then you have a midi instrument  solo 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, whoisp said:

I tried installing that wah but it just wont work Ive copied and pasted it in my vst folders and in the scan  but cant find in in my library ?????

4 hours ago, Paul Bush said:

I tried installing that wah but it just wont work Ive copied and pasted it in my vst folders and in the scan  but cant find in in my library ?????

I installed Microsoft™ 64/32 Bit Driver -win c drive - program files - cakewalk - vst plugins 

• Like 1

The Sonitus WahWah does not add any noise,

The "swooshing background noise" is the filter being applied to noise in the signal the plug-in is receiving.

This will happen with any filter plug-in when it is moving through frequencies containing a significant amount of noise.

Don't like the noise, send the plug-in a cleaner signal, do not use the Auto Wah mode or try adjusting the frequencies swept by the plug-in.

• Like 1

The correct name for the classic sound is a Envelope Filter. 
A stomp box like my Mutron or my MXR are not swishy. If the effect is swishy it’s not a Envelope filter. 
A proper Envelope filters are voltage driven. The harder you pick the deeper the filter goes. So it’s like you are in control of the Wha with you hand not your foot. This is why they are a very cool expressive effect      
Because the proper sound is from your interaction with your guitar I would not want to use this effect as a VST  I can’t see getting the correct  reaction  I don’t think it’s possible to have a VST react to voltage  you would just peak your signal level 

Of course you could automate a wha VST and possibly use your joystick controller to manipulate a guitar track 

You want to hear killer wha tracks check out @batsbrew in the song forum. 

In this song I'm using my Mutron 

mutron-III_lft-568.jpg

Edited by John Vere
  • Like 1

On 6/20/2021 at 5:00 PM, John Vere said:

The correct name for the classic sound is a Envelope Filter. 
A stomp box like my Mutron or my MXR are not swishy. If the effect is swishy it’s not a Envelope filter. 
A proper Envelope filters are voltage driven. The harder you pick the deeper the filter goes. So it’s like you are in control of the Wha with you hand not your foot. This is why they are a very cool expressive effect      
Because the proper sound is from your interaction with your guitar I would not want to use this effect as a VST  I can’t see getting the correct  reaction  I don’t think it’s possible to have a VST react to voltage  you would just peak your signal level 

The voltage of an audio signal is also called the amplitude as well as volume and that exists in the digital domain.

e_E_combo.bmp

Note that Millivolts (volts) is the v axis in the picture above. The red line below represents the envelope of the signal displayed. From my experience dsp envelope followers work fine.

C_Envelope_follower.jpg

Just like with HW you have to adjust the gain of the signal and the gain of the envelope follower.

• Like 1